New from MN / MT

This site was very helpful in planning for my first safari this past summer, I’m glad to finally join! I grew up in Montana and Minnesota and began hunting in the late 80’s in MT when technical hunting gear included jeans and a cotton sweatshirt. My dad, son and I hunted in Namibia with PH Louw Lotter of Jamy Traut Safaris in August. It was my son, at age 11, who suggested we should hunt in Africa. Last summer at age 12 he got to do so. We are now planning a return trip in 2020. There is so much more to learn and experience, one hunt seemed to just scratch the surface.
I hunted with a .270 Winchester for years until our discretionary income exceeded my wife’s concern over the details and have now switched to a Kimber 7 mm mag. My son shoots a Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor. We also bow hunt a lot, anything to get outside more. We eat what we shoot and seldom buy meat. My wife and daughter are vegetarians and very supportive of hunting, for many reasons.
Thank you all for the insight and info i have gleaned from the past year of reading.
Welcome Tra3, Namibia is a great country and hunting destination with so much to offer
 
Welcome Tra3! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
 
Welcome to our forum Tra3. Glad to have you! Lots of information to share!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,512
Members
169,576
Latest member
Teresa7277
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top