AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe, Canada USA
On our last safari with @KMG, I used the Winchester mod 70 I bought from Walmart over 20 years ago with the intent, at the time, of a moose hunt. That moose hunt hasn't happened yet, but someday. Although this was this was the rifle's second safari, and it shoots and functions perfectly, I found my Tikka had spoiled me a little, so kicked around upgrading a little. @Just Gina and I took a weekend trip to Tulsa to browse around Wanamachers gun show in case we found a buffalo rifle for her. Four tables in we found a Sako in .300 win mag. that followed us out to the truck.
IMG_20191110_162703.jpg

One can never have too many 300's, just an excellent caliber. Great buy

Thank you! Now to search for a proper scope...

Congrats on the new addition!

Congratulations.
Is this an addition to your battery or do we need to be passing on congrats to @Just Gina?

My Tikka Lite in 300 WM shoots excellent! Congratulations!

Looks like a light weight model. Sako lists them at 3.1 kg / 6.8 lbs

Great rifle!
My first .300 and first center fire sako I picked up at a used cabelas gun rack 2 years ago. I feel I nearly stole it. 950 for an AV with 2 stocks. A McMillan and a laminate. Plus a muzzle brake added and good recoil pad. With a leupold scope. Appeared nearly unfired.
My favorite hunting rifle now

A very practical hunting gun, love it!

Congrats.........that is the make, model and caliber I use for most hunting....I didn't want a Sako, didn't want synthetic, and sure didn't want a 300 Win.....but got a great deal and bought it......turned out to be the most useful and durable rifle ever for me.....great choice.....FWB

Congrats on the new addition.

Nice! Any chance to hunt with it this year?
Thanks! But not this year. I need to pick a scope and sling ,and see how she shoots. This year's hunting will be limited to opening weekend for deer in Wisconsin ( my Tikka .308). And then elephant in February ,( with Fluffy- my .416 Rigby)

A .416 Rigby will work for deer hunting too...
.416 Rigby would make exultant deer medicine plus gives extra trigger time on something besides paper. My deer rifle is a 375 Ruger for open field and 404 Jeffery for the thick stuff. I have even hunted groundhog with the 375.
Shawn

.416 Rigby would make exultant deer medicine plus gives extra trigger time on something besides paper. My deer rifle is a 375 Ruger for open field and 404 Jeffery for the thick stuff. I have even hunted groundhog with the 375.
Shawn
How are you feeling Shawn? What a difference a year makes. Glad to read your input again. Thanks

How are you feeling Shawn? What a difference a year makes. Glad to read your input again. Thanks
In June and July I felt great in August things started going down hill noticed shortness of breath even when sitting in a chair a trip to Cleaveland for a heart cath and a few other tests shows nothing out of wack with my heart.
I’m now in the process of setting up testing for my lungs. It is very frustrating to not be able to preform tasks that a year and a half ago I done without Thinking.
Shawn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.