New .275 Rigby

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a big fan of vintage British rifles and I have an original early transitional action 275 John Rigby. I have acquired a few different vintage English guns over the years and they are pleasant in your hands as well as fun to shoot.
Rigby-1.jpg
Rigby-2.jpg
rigby-3.jpg
Rigby-4.jpg
Rigby-5.jpg
Rigby-6.jpg
Rigby-7.jpg
Rigby-8.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am a big fan of vintage British rifles and I have an original early transitional action 275 John Rigby. I have acquired a few different vintage English guns over the years and they are pleasant in your hands as well as fun to shoot.View attachment 197454 View attachment 197455 View attachment 197456 View attachment 197457 View attachment 197496 View attachment 197497 View attachment 197498 View attachment 197499
this is a nice rifle , looks like an early rebarreled. 275 high velocity conversion from a 175 grain 7mm , what is the serial number and the mauser number ??
 
Last edited:
My old Rigby .275 is a four-digit serial number of 12x9.
do you know its been rebarreld by rigby to 275 hv and that it was originally a 7mm 175 grain ,do you have a printout of the original ledger ? it was built as the front ring states 1898 on a transition action mauser number is most likely very low 2 or 3 digits. not sure how much you dig into this stuff, I know I do
 
Last edited:
I collect them , you could call rigby and for about 75 dollars you will receive a document from the ledger stating when the gun was built and for whom , Steve Bignell at rigbys will help with this , the address on your barrel is the later address coupled with the fact its a high velocity that didn't come out till about 1908 means it was rebarreled which is not abad thing I just bought one like it and recently finding this out , its the reason why there isn't a serial number on the barrel as well as the action ,
 
Cheers, bet Corbett wishes he had a scope like that on his rifle!
Since the late Mr. Corbett did much off his hunting at night I doubt he would have had much use for such a scope.
 
The .275 Rigby has a serial number on the bolt handle, which I believe is the last three numbers of the original Mauser serial number. The Rigby serial number is on the bottom of the trigger guard. At some point I will contact Rigby to gain a little information on the rifle.
 
@Red Leg , I bet you’re glad you picked yours up when they were still $9k!
The .275 Rigby has a serial number on the bolt handle, which I believe is the last three numbers of the original Mauser serial number. The Rigby serial number is on the bottom of the trigger guard. At some point I will contact Rigby to gain a little information on the rifle.
excellent,,and if you ever think of selling keep me in mind !!
 
I would have named it "The Caledonian". Highland Stalker...ah... just different connotation.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,246
Members
169,513
Latest member
ElidaBible
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top