Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
For the better part of four years I was aware that Rigby was going to follow their new big game rifle with a smaller stalking rifle using the Corbett .275 as a basis for the design. Lance Hendershot owner of Hendershot's Sporting Goods in Hagerstown, MD https://hendershots.net/ is a Rigby distributer, and while the "Highland Stalker" was still an experimental project, I had a deposit in for perhaps the first .275 to reach the US. Two weeks ago it arrived. I initially tried the 140 gr Hornady Interlock which the rifle did not love (those of you following another thread on this site will understand that I was not unduly upset). A few days ago, Lance forwarded a couple of boxes of Hendershot's Extreme Ammo loaded with the 170 gr Oryx - a bullet which I truly worship. The rifle and the results are shown below.

Is the rifle worth a nearly 9k price tag. Hell, I don't know. But it is an exquisite creation in hand and it shoots one of the best 7mm bullets on the planet. I am thrilled. And, it is, after all, a RIGBY!

salesman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I looked that rifle over the other day on another site, and also read a write up in a magazine about it. Nice looking rifle, and functionally perfect I would assume.

Got one question, I thought I read that it was factory regulated for a 140 grain bullet...did you have yours customized?

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
................ I initially tried the 140 gr Hornady Interlock which the rifle did not love (those of you following another thread on this site will understand that I was not unduly upset). .....................

Thanks for the laugh. :ROFLMAO:

That is an exquisite rifle. Glad you are enjoying it.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
The open sights on production rifles are regulated for the 140 gr bullets. Mine as well. However, I am an old guy mired in tradition, and the 7mm Mauser is an unbelievable thing with the 170 gr bullet. Punches way above its weight. I had Rigby lengthen the throat slightly to insure no feeding issues. Rifling is fine for both 140's and 170's. This rifle loves a fast 170. I am ecstatic.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Lovely rifle! Shoots really well too! Is it based on Corbetts or Bells rifle?
Corbett's - only difference is a somewhat less drop at heel to accommodate scope use.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
Is the rifle worth a nearly 9k price tag. Hell, I don't know. But it is an exquisite creation in hand and it shoots one of the best 7mm bullets on the planet. I am thrilled. And, it is, after all, it is a RIGBY!

Congratulations on the new, beautiful and accurate rifle. It's one thing to own a rifle and quite another thing to own a RIGBY.

If the question on the hefty price tag lingers with you, perhaps some wise, old, sage advice is fitting: :)

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”

W.C. Fields

Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NHSA, SA Wingshooters, SA Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Congratulations!!!

I have ordered one as well just waiting for it to arrive.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Beautiful rifle congrats sir!

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
The stock on that rifle is beautiful.. color me jealous!

Great pick up @Red Leg

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Nice looking rifle, congrats on the addition!

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Very nice indeed! And, even better that it is in the hands of a hunter who understands it's true worth.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
That sir, is a thing of beauty.

Now for the really important question. What hunt will be it's first?

Pondoro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
Who cannot love the style of this Rigby.....Corbetts rifle was made 1907, IIRC..?

My Mannlicher -Sch. mod. 1903 (6,5x54mm) by Charles Lancaster is made late 1906, still in its original case. Bought by a scottish Captain (later Colonel) who presumably hunted stags on the moor with it....same style on the stock with Prince of Wales grip and a rather short forend..

IMG_9621.JPG
IMG_9622.JPG
IMG_9623.JPG
IMG_9624.JPG

bassasdaindia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
congrats on a beautiful rifle .

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
That's awesome dude! Really diggin' that stock!

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
I was going to say..... I love your wood. However, I know this group too well, not excluding my own smartass..... (i.e. @gizmo , @Bullthrower338 ). LOL!!!! :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlenaRatcl

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.