Namibian Shipping Agent recommendations

Arinjit

AH senior member
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
58
Reaction score
23
Deals & offers
1
Media
11
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Below are the recommended shipping agents from the taxidermist in Namibia. Anybody have any experience with them, good or bad?

1. Namibia Safari Services
2. Pronto Global Air & Ocean Freight
3. African Shipping Services
4. International Air Cargo Services

I see some info here on the first two. Good service will be the determining factor with cost a close second. The trophies are all Dip and Pack and include Leopard and warthog among others.
 
I have used #1. The crate made it here without damage and was well packed. There were no issues with paperwork or anything else.
The invoice changed after the fact because of an internal error.
I was not pleased. Otherwise they did a good job.
Just be clear about a quote or hard price versus and estimate.

I am considering using #2 for shipping this time.
About to start sending and email.

No idea on 3 or 4.
 
I have used #1. The crate made it here without damage and was well packed. There were no issues with paperwork or anything else.
The invoice changed after the fact because of an internal error.
I was not pleased. Otherwise they did a good job.
Just be clear about a quote or hard price versus and estimate.

I am considering using #2 for shipping this time.
About to start sending and email.

No idea on 3 or 4.

Hi All, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. We at Pronto Global Air & Ocean freight aim to provide the best possible service and we have the track record to prove it.
 
I used Pronto Global last year. Peter and Simone were attentive to my questions and promptly responded to any concerns I had. My shipment was a bit slow leaving, which resulted from them having to wait on the veterinary certificate. However, that seemed to be out of their hands. The shipment arrived in excellent condition and I was completely pleased with the crating and packing. In fact, my taxidermist here said it was as well packed and secured as any shipment he'd received. I'd use Pronto again without hesitation.

Mike
 
Thanks for the feedback thus far.

Brickburn, same thing happened to me for my shipment last year. The quote from estimate changed after shipping. I chalked it up to "this is Africa" and was just glad it all came through in one piece with proper permits.
 
I used African Shipping and was happy with the service. I did get a duiker hide instead o my impala backskin which did'nt bother me to much. I did not shoot a duiker.
 
I used African Shipping and was happy with the service. I did get a duiker hide instead o my impala backskin which did'nt bother me to much. I did not shoot a duiker.

True Christmas... You never know whats in the box... in your case, even after you open it.
 
Just wanted to give some feedback on Pronto. I decided to go with them for the shipment of my trophies from Namibia. Communication with Peter was excellent and he even went out of his way to sort some stuff out with the dip and pack company. Trophies arrived ok with required permits and were cleared by USFWS no problem.

Thanks again Peter and Simone.
 
what more could you possibly ask for from an agent .
glad to hear it .........
 
We used Pronto 2 years ago with no problems except a little wait to ship.
 
I used Pronto.... flawless. Excellent communication. Would recommend
 
Thanks to all for the comments! As always, feel free to contact myself or Simone at any time with any questions or concerns!

All the best,

Peter de Villiers
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,346
Messages
1,573,628
Members
169,774
Latest member
AlisiaStei
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top