Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, Poland, Canada, Mexico, Argentina
Our 15 day trip to Namibia ends today. As we sit in the airport waiting to leave, I can only think this has been the trip of a lifetime. We spent 9 days hunting with Nick Nolte Safaris, who I can't say enough good things about! Truly top notch in every aspect. Nick has access to 500,000 acres of hunting area, and the game was plentiful. Isabel Nolte runs the place very efficiently, and the meals and accommodations were excellent. After our hunt, we rented a car and drove to the Erindi Game Preserve for two days of photo Safari; truly an awe inspiring experience. Next, we drove out to the Swapokmund on the Skeleton Coast. What a beautiful place! We drove about an hour and a half north to see the seal colony at Cape Cross where there must have been at least 10,000 seals. Quite a sight indeed. In the afternoon, we rode the quad bikes on the sand dunes; truly a must-do activity. Then it was onward back to Windhoek. We spent our last night at a place called the Airport Lodge. It was a great place because it was well outside town in the mountains and very quiet. We spent our last night enjoying the Milky Way under the beautiful African sky. Namibia had been so terrific; the people are so friendly and the country is very accommodating to hunters. Bringing my rifle and ammunition was a breeze. We can't wait to come back!!!

IMG_20170519_162141263.jpg
IMG_20170522_131435842.jpg
IMG_20170518_100201687.jpg
IMG_20170516_114229102.jpg
IMG_20170517_172820047.jpg
IMG_20170517_105459456.jpg

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing your pictures and report! Did you take any pictures of the seal colony?

Thanks for sharing your pictures and report! Did you take any pictures of the seal colony?
We did but not with my cell phone. I will post when we get home.

Congrats!!

Thanks for sharing your story and trophy pictures, well done.

It sounds like you had a fantastic trip. Congrats. Bruce

Wow, some exceptional animals taken! Congrats!

I have a lot more pics as well, but this give you an idea of how many seals where there.

IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1604.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a quick update for anyone interested. My trophies are at Reiser Taxidermy in Windhoek now for Dip and Pack. Cost is $1,200 for a Kudu, Zebra, 2 x Oryx , Impala, Blue Wildebeeste, and Warthog. Capes and Skulls for all except Zebra; full skin on Zebra and backskins included on Blue Wildebeeste and Kudu. That price also inlcudes fees for them coming to the place where we hunted to pick them up. I also have a quote for shipping by air from Windhoek to DFW for $950 from Pronto Global Logisitics.

Looks like a great time in Namibia! Great weather in May too. Did you fly via Joburg or Windhoek thru Europe route? Just curious.

Congrats, nice trophies !

And thanks for sharing.

We flew from JFK to Joburg on SAA and then on to Windhoek

Congratulations with your trophies. Enjoy starting to plan for the return safari to Namibia...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynSoli

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross