NAMIBIA: My 2018 Free Range Namibian Plains Game Safari With Orpa Hunting Safaris

Mekis........thanks for posting the rest of the report. Liked most of your trophies. Not the warthog. I have what Sigmund Freud called "warthog envy". Having tried 20 or more times, have never gotten a big hog! Damn man, it was not even on your list! I always thought that the 325 would be a hammer on plains game, and your success proves it.....along with some good shooting. The short little 8mm packs a lot of punch. As to travel with firearms......well, beginners luck, maybe? Your time will come, I fear. I have had many trips, and many difficulties....fines and missed flights to name just two......but I am happy yours went well. Your trophies are great......love the Hartmann's, and actually, now that my green envy is fading a little, like the pig too:D.......FWB

Flatwater, I guess you need to contact Dirk at Orpa Hunting Safaris as his free range farm is loaded with warthogs. I know for sure there is at least two monsters left as I saw them earlier in my hunt. Good Luck!

Thank you so much for a wonderful write up. I really found your travels and airport stories as good as the wonderful hunt stories. Congrats on some amazing animals you were able to take. How are you getting your trophies mounted and who are you using for this?

Congratulations on a great hunt. What area do you live in in Wisconsin? I live just south of Sheboygan. Thanks again for the report,

Thank you so much for a wonderful write up. I really found your travels and airport stories as good as the wonderful hunt stories. Congrats on some amazing animals you were able to take. How are you getting your trophies mounted and who are you using for this?

Fallow Jaeger,
I am having shoulder mounts done. I'll have one slightly right and one slightly left of the gemsbok and the kudu. The warthog will be facing directly forward. Mayes taxidermy in Stevens Point, WI is doing my work. I'll get them NEXT Christmas.

Gesch,
I live way Up North in Ashland County in Mellen, WI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg