NAMIBIA: My 2018 Free Range Namibian Plains Game Safari With Orpa Hunting Safaris

Mekis

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, VFW
Hunted
Namibia
Mekis........thanks for posting the rest of the report. Liked most of your trophies. Not the warthog. I have what Sigmund Freud called "warthog envy". Having tried 20 or more times, have never gotten a big hog! Damn man, it was not even on your list! I always thought that the 325 would be a hammer on plains game, and your success proves it.....along with some good shooting. The short little 8mm packs a lot of punch. As to travel with firearms......well, beginners luck, maybe? Your time will come, I fear. I have had many trips, and many difficulties....fines and missed flights to name just two......but I am happy yours went well. Your trophies are great......love the Hartmann's, and actually, now that my green envy is fading a little, like the pig too:D.......FWB

Mekis

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, VFW
Hunted
Namibia
Flatwater, I guess you need to contact Dirk at Orpa Hunting Safaris as his free range farm is loaded with warthogs. I know for sure there is at least two monsters left as I saw them earlier in my hunt. Good Luck!

FallowJaeger

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Thank you so much for a wonderful write up. I really found your travels and airport stories as good as the wonderful hunt stories. Congrats on some amazing animals you were able to take. How are you getting your trophies mounted and who are you using for this?

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Congratulations on a great hunt. What area do you live in in Wisconsin? I live just south of Sheboygan. Thanks again for the report,

Mekis

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, VFW
Hunted
Namibia
Thank you so much for a wonderful write up. I really found your travels and airport stories as good as the wonderful hunt stories. Congrats on some amazing animals you were able to take. How are you getting your trophies mounted and who are you using for this?

Mekis

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, VFW
Hunted
Namibia
Fallow Jaeger,
I am having shoulder mounts done. I'll have one slightly right and one slightly left of the gemsbok and the kudu. The warthog will be facing directly forward. Mayes taxidermy in Stevens Point, WI is doing my work. I'll get them NEXT Christmas.

Mekis

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, VFW
Hunted
Namibia
Gesch,
I live way Up North in Ashland County in Mellen, WI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceRe

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.