NAMIBIA: Johnnyblues V.S. Mr. Spots Round Two

Thank you sir, it was a fantastic safari on all levels. Can’t wait to go to Benin in 21.
Going to take a wait and see approach to that I hope:eek:. The northern BF border areas and parks/hunting areas are still level 3 reconsider travel areas. Hope it improves, over the next year or so.

Going to take a wait and see approach to that I hope:eek:. The northern BF border areas and parks/hunting areas are still level 3 reconsider travel areas. Hope it improves, over the next year or so.
According to our guy it had no issues whatsoever this past season. But of course we too will do a wait and see approach before booking next summer.

Have heard things like this myself. Personally I would not go there until the state dept removes the 3rd level warnings in the area, and I doubt they will for some time as Benin is bordered with BF which is currently a basket case of problems. Everything is great, right up until the terr's waltz into your camp and take hostages:eek:. No thanks.:( Would love to see some semblance of normalcy in the region, but I aint gonna hold my breath.o_O

Have heard things like this myself. Personally I would not go there until the state dept removes the 3rd level warnings in the area, and I doubt they will for some time as Benin is bordered with BF which is currently a basket case of problems. Everything is great, right up until the terr's waltz into your camp and take hostages:eek:. No thanks.:( Would love to see some semblance of normalcy in the region, but I aint gonna hold my breath.o_O
Completely agree. We of course will make our determination next summer and after speaking with our PH next winter after he hunts his concession.

Reconsider Travel To:

• Park Pendjari, Park W and adjacent hunting zones, and other areas near Benin’s northern border with Burkina Faso, due to terrorism and kidnapping.

• While the country at large is on level 1, they do offer specific warnings about the north, per above. Reconsider travel is level 3 of 4 levels. Bold print is theirs not mine.

Yes I saw that just a few minutes ago. We wont take any unnecessary risks. My backup plan is hippo in Limpopo and back to the eastern cape for some PG. And no doubt KMG if they'll have me (lmao) will be my choice.

Hi John, I want to congratulate you on your exciting adventure and that well deserved cat, you really worked for it...to the end. Plus other nice trophies too.

Thank you for sharing it all with us :D Cheers:

Hi John, I want to congratulate you on your exciting adventure and that well deserved cat, you really worked for it...to the end. Plus other nice trophies too.

Thank you for sharing it all with us :D Cheers:
Thank you sir. I still seems unreal to me.

Yes I saw that just a few minutes ago. We wont take any unnecessary risks. My backup plan is hippo in Limpopo and back to the eastern cape for some PG. And no doubt KMG if they'll have me (lmao) will be my choice.
Its all my fault anyway Johnny, o_Oo_O if I hadn't blabbed on here about my plans for BF, it never would have blown up!:eek::eek::D

Its all my fault anyway Johnny, o_Oo_O if I hadn't blabbed on here about my plans for BF, it never would have blown up!:eek::eek::D
Well we have to blame someone. Ok! It’s your fault. Lmao

Some interesting photos that you need to take for the Namibia government. License needs to be in the picture, as well as yourself and your PH. You also need to provide a small piece of skin from the under belly placed in salt.

86F7BE5C-6F10-4C10-852D-1C77B8D89EDA.jpeg
881037BD-094D-44B2-A106-6AA55D02C93A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you proved its a male in that last picture. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just wanted to share one more tid bit of good news....Got my import permit from USFW! Man I was worried bout that!
Fantastic!! Congrats!

I can’t believe you got the permit so quickly! Excellent!

Congrats on that great old kudu, beautiful mountain zebra and that super nice springbok! A rare treat to get a springbok that excellent!

Congrats on that great old kudu, beautiful mountain zebra and that super nice springbok! A rare treat to get a springbok that excellent!
Thanks. A big congrats once again on your leopard! Great feeling to harvest one. Cant believe I got my cities import permit so quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.