NAMIBIA: Johnnyblues V.S. Mr. Spots Round Two

What a great trip! PS, hint,, don't get that PH mad at you!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Ok, fully caught up. Congratulations again! But man you had the day fee covered as well as travel.... Had you gone out for klipspringer one more day and succeeded, you would likely never get a cheaper one..... But alas, everyone has to know their own limits;)

Very happy for you, just getting that leopard by itself makes it a truly great Safari. All the rest is really bonus.
I had no intention to shoot a second one, then he said I’ll give you a good price...BOOM!

Like I’ve said somehow I can’t let her see the taxidermy bill!

great finish

Johnnie, after what you've been through, you deserved this hunt. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Have a safe trip home!

What a great hunt.

Great trip JB. Glad you got your cat and everything else is gravy! Great hunt.

Johnny just finished reading the pages I had missed. Congratz again after reading yours and Phillip's leopard hunt reports all I can say is 2021 can't get here quick enough. Mine is booked:D Getting my wife ready for her buffalo hunt in 2020 and then will be in Mr spots dreaming and prep. Thank you for sharing your adventure!

Johnny just finished reading the pages I had missed. Congratz again after reading yours and Phillip's leopard hunt reports all I can say is 2021 can't get here quick enough. Mine is booked:D Getting my wife ready for her buffalo hunt in 2020 and then will be in Mr spots dreaming and prep. Thank you for sharing your adventure!
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed tagging along on my thread. Best of luck on your upcoming safaris.

Absolutely fantastic johnnyblues. It made me homesick for Nambia. Congrats on a trip that will be hard to top. Glad you made it back safely.

Absolutely fantastic johnnyblues. It made me homesick for Nambia. Congrats on a trip that will be hard to top. Glad you made it back safely.
Thank you sir, it was a fantastic safari on all levels. Can’t wait to go to Benin in 21.

Ok guys just to finish up the story, Johan arrived at 3 am with another leopard hunter / dog handler. And they brought some big time reinforcements in the way of dogs. We immediately set out to the bait and as we arrived the dogs were going crazy already. They were put on the spoor and off they went. Mind you this brush is so thick you think you had gone a quarter of a mile but in reality it’s maybe 100yards. The tension was incredible the two dog guys in front followed by my PH and then me along with the trackers hold high intensity lamps. Very slowly and cautiously we all went. The guys in front tried to position themselves in between thorn bushes in case of a charge. We had been tracking about 45 minutes when we came upon my cat stone dead. Everyone was relieved and elated at the size of the cat. Congrats all around and even some tears... Now a day of relaxing and doing all the paperwork for the Namibian government. Then onto more hunting.

View attachment 286902
Awesome! I have to enjoy this sort of thing vicariously...

I'm off to work with great dreams of Africa. Congrats again on that beautiful leopard, but I gotta know: did you keep that great kudu? (Maybe I missed it...)

I'm off to work with great dreams of Africa. Congrats again on that beautiful leopard, but I gotta know: did you keep that great kudu? (Maybe I missed it...)
Yes I did. Landowners gave me a great price

Wow what a trip! Way to hang in there and keep churning! You got a great leopard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg