Still no news? Looks like SA may open up soon depending on where you look.
it was nice of Qatar airlines to cancel my tickets that cost 2k and now offer tickets costing 2.5k per my travel agent.
If they open as planned to International on 06/30 we will still need to wait and see what countries they are accepting travelers from and if there are any quarantine guidelines upon arrival. .
I would imagine it would take the airlines a week or two to get flight schedules lined out. If they open to the US travelers I think the Qatar from Dallas-Doha-Windhoek will be my plan.
Spike.t - all I know is that before the lockdown, you could go on the BA website and book r/t from the US to London and direct to Windhoek. I know of one guy who actually flew that route last Aug. He didn't carry firearms and it may have been on their code share/subsidiary Comair. I also know a rather popular outfitter on another site that sent a lot of clients on BA to Namibia.
I just looked on the BA website and they are no longer listing any direct flights to WDH for the end of this year. Just flight from LHR to JNB on BA and then from JNB to WDH on Comair.
OK, my bad. Just emailed the guy who flew last Aug. Yup, he routed via J'berg. I was sure when I looked at it for us, maybe ten or so years ago, there was a direct 3-day a week to Windhoek and the reason we didn't book it was because of the airport change between Gatwick and Heathrow and dealing with the rifles for that. Guess my memory is the second thing to be going!
Still awaiting news trying to make my decision too. I definitely dont wanna be a Guinea pig and end up quarantined and not hunting. I'm guessing the African version of quarantine isnt as pleasant as the US version which means basically sit at home and we dont verify that
100% agree. Sucks but at this point I've basically accepted it...one day I'll find out how wonderful of a place Africa is but I have zero interest in surprises and stress while doing so especially at the level that things could go wrong with this whole mess and all the unknownsI spoke with Lori at Travel Express last Thursday. My flight from Dallas-Doha-Windhoek on Qatar on August 15th is still on the books but doubt it remains (maybe it will?). I wouldn’t be interested in 14 day quarantine either. Therefore, I’d say there is a 99% chance that I’ll have to reschedule my date with Chui unfortunately. Just sucks....
Anyone have any updates on Namibia?
Basically deciding to postpone my August trip but want to check in on any news first
The last published update was they were going to open to international flights on 07/01/20 however they have not announced which countries they will accept visitors from. The last round of easing they had a press conference about 5 days before and outlined the new rules/restrictions. I would keep an eye on allafrica.com it will give you top news headlines for each African country. I watched the last press conference and plan on getting my info there as there are lots of dates and timelines thrown around on other sites. I will post a link when they announce the guidelines