AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
UK, South Africa, Namibia, Sweden
Matt_wy Looks like you had a great hunt, The guy's at Khomas have delivered again. The problem with reading these hunt reports is I get a sudden need to visit again, especially when there is eland running about in the highlands.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Sounds like you had a great trip. Some beautiful trophies and a great experience. I will make one comment on the Bergers. Before you give up on the Mesa try the Berger 215's. I have a friend in MT that manages a ranch where they cull some elk every year. A couple of years ago he helped take around 76 elk. He really favors the 215. I'm using the 180 in my 7mm and doing very well with it. Marginal hit on a Blesbuck today and took her down in her tracks. Congrats!
Bruce

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Another great report on Phillips operation. Congratulations on some fine trophies. I always say “ya gotta love hunting in Namibia “.

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Congratulations on a successful hunt and thanks for the report.

Lmcquin

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Great report and loved the picture of you holding the Birds and the butt of a dog or something over your right shoulder

I’ll be there with Philip in March. I’ll try and take out a baboon in your honor ;)

huntermn15

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalihari in South Africa. Eastern Cape RSA 2017.
Matt_WY thanks for posting a great report and photos. It certainly looks like a great time was had.

Matt_WY

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance, Wild Sheep Foundation, NRA
Hunted
US, Namibia
Thank you Matt for sharing your hunting adventure with our AH community! Keep in touch and hope to welcome you back one day to chase Eland in the Kalahari.
best regards the Khomas Highland team

Will do. Already trying to figure out what 2021 looks like. Have a great time in Kamchatka! I want a hunt report from that one!

Matt_WY

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance, Wild Sheep Foundation, NRA
Hunted
US, Namibia
Sounds like you had a great trip. Some beautiful trophies and a great experience. I will make one comment on the Bergers. Before you give up on the Mesa try the Berger 215's. I have a friend in MT that manages a ranch where they cull some elk every year. A couple of years ago he helped take around 76 elk. He really favors the 215. I'm using the 180 in my 7mm and doing very well with it. Marginal hit on a Blesbuck today and took her down in her tracks. Congrats!
Bruce

Thanks. Will try these too. I think i even have some laying around here someone for one of the elk rifles.

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
Great report, thank you for posting. Philip and his team are all outstanding, I can't wait to get back.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats Matt, seems like you had a great time :D Cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LionelVxb

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.