NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris?

Lmcquin

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello,

Has anyone hunted with Philip Hennings At Khomas for plains game? If so just wondering how things went. We are looking to go for plains game with a wild Africa experience in Namibia. Kudu, zebra and impala.

Thanks for any input.

Happy hunting.

There are several reports here from AH members that have hunted with Philip. A Simple search will get what you are after.

Never done it, but the reports on here seem very positive IMO.

I just returned a few days ago from a 2 week adventure of hunting with Philip I will never forget. This was my second trip to Namibia but first with the Khomas crew. I would highly recommend them as an outfitter for anyone to book with! If you have any questions send me a pm and I’d be more then glad to share my experience with you

Lots of glowing reviews about them here, check out the reports section!

I enjoyed my experience there. No impala but lots of springbuck. It is a working cattle ranch so there are interior low fences and you'll see cattle, but they are low density. Good chance for a nice kudu and definitely you want mountain zebra on your list. It's at 6500 feet altitude and some places hilly, so get in shape.

Hello,

Has anyone hunted with Philip Hennings At Khomas for plains game? If so just wondering how things went. We are looking to go for plains game with a wild Africa experience in Namibia. Kudu, zebra and impala.

Thanks for any input.

Happy hunting.
Hi Lmcquin,
I hunted with Philip in 2017 and 2019.
Incredibel landscape and lots of game.
I shot impressive kudu,steenbok,springbok.
You will feel like part of the family!
Don't hesitate,Go!
Enjoy your hunting!
Marc

I am here right now at camp at Khomas Highland hunting, we just finished our lunch, kudu lasagna. I will be posting a more detailed report later, and am about to post a teaser.

Philip has access either next door, or just down the road for Impala. None on his main farm. I am mid day day 4 of 10 days and taken 5 animals so far. I can answer any other questions you may have, but I may not be super prompt as we leave in about an hour and a half for this afternoons hunt.

This is 3rd overall safari, and 2nd to Namibia, and so far would highly recommend them.

I hunted with Philip and Khomas Highland the last week of May this year, I cannot recommend them enough. It was my first hunting trip to Africa and I wouldn't have changed a thing. The hunt was the exact one I was looking for and I was not disappointed.

In eight days hunting I took; Red Hartebeest, Warthog, Hartman's Mountain Zebra, Oryx, Impala, and Kudu.

I have not posted a trip report yet but I hope to get to it soon. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Chris

Awesome can’t wait to see your full report. Sending in my deposit for next year this week!!!

I will be there next year also. My first safari. What month will you be hunting?

We are going in late March. Expect to hunt 7 days or so and can’t wait.

The reviews he has are great and we are very excited.

He has constantly and quickly responded to all my emails (and I have sent quite a few) and is on top of things all the way around it appears.

What are you going to hunt for?

We are plains game as I sadly think my friends who are a bit older this may be their only trip to Africa so it’s really all about them and the memories we can make.

We are going in late March. Expect to hunt 7 days or so and can’t wait.

The reviews he has are great and we are very excited.

He has constantly and quickly responded to all my emails (and I have sent quite a few) and is on top of things all the way around it appears.

What are you going to hunt for?

We are plains game as I sadly think my friends who are a bit older this may be their only trip to Africa so it’s really all about them and the memories we can make.

I am going in August and will be hunting plains game also.

And yes I am very excited also. I have also spoke with members on here through private message and email that have hunted with Philip. They all recommend him.

Good luck on your hunt. I have been booked for a few months and the excitement just keeps building lol.

Hello,

Thanks for any input.

Happy hunting.
Philip and his entire crew are amazing host . Hunted with them in 2019 was going back in 2020 but covid hit. Went back in May 2021 and had another amazing hunt. Took my wife , youngest son, and 2 friends this time. It was amazing we all took animals we were hunting. We had an amazing horseback ride, sightseeing, and photo safari. Amazing food, and people. Saw numerous large Impala. I will probably go back this fall, and have no problem recommending them to anyone. -- Good hunting stay safe.

I’m booked for August 2022. I’m beyond excited!

I hunted with Philip in May 2019 and had a great time. It was my first trip to Africa, it was all I could have hoped for. Go, you will not be disappointed.

Here is a link to my hunt report.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois