NAMIBIA: BOWHUNT: Has Anyone Used Khomas Highlands Hunting Safaris For An Archery Hunt?

DoubleLunger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Virginia Bowhunters Association
Has anyone used Khomas Highlands Hunting Safaris for an archery hunt?
If so how was the experience? And what to expect?
More hunting from a hide or spot and stalk as well?
Any pics and/vids are also certainly appreciated.
Thanks

Khomas has some good reports on AH. You will have to ask Philip about the bowhunting, send him a email or PM

I am hunting with Philip in June and will bring my bow as well as my rifle even though the couple conversations philip and I had about it, he was skeptical about hunting his concession with a bow. From what I gathered from him, he does not have any blinds currently set up over water.

So I would guess it's going to be spot and stalk or temporary blinds if you really want to hunt with a bow.

I am hunting with Philip in June and will bring my bow as well as my rifle even though the couple conversations philip and I had about it, he was skeptical about hunting his concession with a bow. From what I gathered from him, he does not have any blinds currently set up over water.

So I would guess it's going to be spot and stalk or temporary blinds if you really want to hunt with a bow.

Let me know how it goes

Hello friends in hunting!
we are not specialized in Archery hunting. We have guided Bow hunters, with the special request successfully on Warthog and Wildebeest through spot and stalk. Archery hunting can be done in the plains were there is enough cover to stalk in range. Stalking in the mountains is quite a challenge to get up to 50m for Zebra and Gemsbuck.
We have good Bow-tents which we can temporarily build up at any water. This is not the trick, any archer who comes to Africa should be confident to shot accurate on 40m. Then he will be successful! Worst case scenario, there are blood hounds, trackers and guns to retrieve anything thats wounded.

we are not specialized in Archery hunting. We have guided Bow hunters, with the special request successfully on Warthog and Wildebeest through spot and stalk. Archery hunting can be done in the plains were there is enough cover to stalk in range. Stalking in the mountains is quite a challenge to get up to 50m for Zebra and Gemsbuck.
We have good Bow-tents which we can temporarily build up at any water. This is not the trick, any archer who comes to Africa should be confident to shot accurate on 40m. Then he will be successful! Worst case scenario, there are blood hounds, trackers and guns to retrieve anything thats wounded.

I could be wrong but my understanding is that Gemsbok and Zebra are challenging to get within bow range rather you're in the mountains or not. I'm new to this hole AfricaHunting thing so still learning as I go.

This is excellent news that you can still provide bow hunts

Hey Philip-

This sounds great to me. I haven't hunted africa with a rifle yet so am looking forward to drawing a bead on a kudu, gemsbok, zebra, springbok, etc etc but am happy to hear you have some temporary blinds we can set up over water for some R&R with my bow.

Do you have trail cameras? If you do Would it be a hassle to put some up over different water sources before I get there so we can see if anything big is coming in?

We're looking forward to hunting with you and seeing your amazing area Philip!

Matt, I will have everything prepared as we discussed ;-)
Looking forward to an action filled adventure!

Sounds good Philip! We could write a book with all our correspondence. I was looking through our emails a couple nights ago and laughing at how many times I asked if we should go hunt your southern property for springbok! Funny. I'll calm down now and trust you'll get me on the critters. Can't wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg