Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Romania, United States (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California and Wyoming)
The last of the three metalized trophies. This would've been posted earlier but my wife was showing it off all over town. The horns were polished and head "metalized" by Link River Taxidermy in Klamath Falls Oregon. Nyala was taken with Victor Watson @KAROO WILD Safaris
20240328_182025.jpg
20240328_182019.jpg

Flash and no flash

Is it done like they do to coat plastic car parts with metal? a spray on metallic primer, then charge it electrically to bronze, copper, brass etc coat it. Even a painted on surface coating would look good.

@Bearskinner I'll be honest I really don't know how he does it. I know he has a good reputation for this type of work.

I have a buddy that has family that owned a chrome plating shop. He did a complete springbok head and horns in nickle chrome. It looked pretty good, I like copper or something similar

Wow, super cool and different! I like the color of the horns.

Very cool! I had a warthog done in copper, one of my favorite pieces

Personally I dont like it.....I prefer European style on a nice wooden plaque....

Interesting. I've done some metallic finishes on a few things with basically metallic paints and different rub-on finishes etc. The polished horns add a dramatic effect for sure.

My First thought was a Nyala is an animal I would always shoulder mount. I saw the pic and it does look cool for your second Nyala!

Planning on takin a hyena this summer, this is a new idea, thanks for sharing.

I have a nyala. I tried hard to have her have this mounted, presenting many options. We had the hide shipped back for a wall pedestal. Once my wife walked into the taxidermist studio, it was over. She knew what she wanted. When I brought it home she was thrilled beyond words. Immediately started planning on redecorating a wall just for the African stuff she collected. She is without a doubt happy. I understand this is not for everyone, but in this case, it was a hit.

Love it.
Would never have thought of that.
Thx for sharing.

Looks awesome! I had a similar treatment done to a warthog skull.

20190904_185031.jpg

I like the display with the photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyLever

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you