My Son Needs A Scope (German/Austrian)

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
These two are not for sale, but give a bit of perspective with relation to a M70. Mounted is a Zeiss Diavari 3-9x; above is a S&B Klassik 6x. Both are 1" tubes. The S&B is 42mm while the Zeiss is 36mm.

@Ray B why don’t you sell my kid that 1” Klassik S&B 6x ? :)

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I like the Swaro Z3 3/9x and have one on a 7x57. However if eye relief is an issue (sounds like it might be), the Leupold has almost an inch more eye relief and similar quality optics.

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Rook - It's only off while it's being switched from one Mauser action to another that is on its way to the gunsmith.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
How about a 1.5 x 4.5 x 18 Zeiss?

The short length of the rear tube wouldn't provide any additional rearward mounting benefit versus other options.

I think the best options thus far point to the S&B 1" 6x Klassik or barring that, a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36. Certainly open to other options also, but I've not yet found anyone offering a new old stock or lightly used on here on AH.

paul seckar

Reaction score
I have a kahles 3-9x42 with a tube length that is over 5.5". If interested, drop me a PM.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Does anyone have a Zeiss 1.5-4.5 Diavari scope with a 1" tube for sale?

About to order something but was hoping to find a scope such as the above instead as I think it will have maximum adjustment in my application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SurgicalTaxidermist

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.