My new toy

I Target practice system. Only 10 /15 feet, but I have to start somewhere. Highly recommended for any other beginner pistol shooters Like me.

AED8EFDF-9300-4A61-8C76-4C11305237BC.jpeg
CB311826-E5D1-4E2E-984F-405AEAA236C9.jpeg
DC7462E3-8DEA-4789-B2D1-15EF5CF91CF6.jpeg
80AD4A63-1724-477B-8BE9-D59B7DD39D7B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice target for a beginner. Like I said sight alignment and trigger squeeze.

Beautiful pistol. German fire arms are as reliable as they come.
Personally speaking , my favorite 9 millimeter pistol is the Browning Hi Power

+1.

I think I'm seeing some vertical stringing in the targets. Trigger work, or difficulties seeing the top of the sights? Some lighting conditions can make it hard to see the top of the front sight accurately - and that is what you absolutely should be able to focus on.

For fast shooting at close range, you might want to focus differently but, for precision, the front sight should be in perfect focus.

edit:
Gripping a pistol correctly can make a big difference in how good your hits are, especially if you are under stress.

Last edited:
johnnyblues,

Your new handgun is as others have mentioned, a well engineered bit of German merchandise.
And, you are definitely on the right track by enrolling in proper handgun training.
Presuming you wanted this weapon primarily as a self defense tool, in the terrible event that one day you are confronted by some violent criminal/s, your proficiency with it will make all the difference.

I know the dangers of setting our life’s cadence according to Hollywood movies.
Nonetheless, the Actor, Gene Hackman in character as “Little Bill”, during the jailhouse scene of the Clint Eastwood movie “The Unforgiven”, delivers an excellent narrative on how to survive a close range / armed confrontation.
A very fine speech indeed.

I wish that scene/speech was available back when I was teaching firearms and tactics to my fellow Police Officers (I retired much before the movie was available).
I surely would have played that scene in the classroom portion of my otherwise boring sessions.

My parting shot as it were:
The most dangerous animal on earth walks upright on its hind legs.
He has virtually no limit, except how you deal with him, as to his resourcefulness and willingness to kill you.

Stay on that front sight,
Paul.

Last edited:
Johnny, try balancing a dime on the barrel near the muzzle. When you can squeeze the trigger so that the gun fires (when empty of course) and the dime doesn't fall off, you have it made.
After you master Art’s challenge, try it on one foot while chewing gum! Ha

I think I'm seeing some vertical stringing in the targets. Trigger work, or difficulties seeing the top of the sights? Some lighting conditions can make it hard to see the top of the front sight accurately - and that is what you absolutely should be able to focus on.

For fast shooting at close range, you might want to focus differently but, for precision, the front sight should be in perfect focus.

edit:
Gripping a pistol correctly can make a big difference in how good your hits are, especially if you are under stress.
Right now I’m waiting on my prescription shooting glasses so I’m definitely having trouble focusing on the front sight. Shooting is difficult. And yes trigger work, that’s the reason I purchased this I Target system to practice with.

Last edited:
johnnyblues,

Your new handgun is as others have mentioned, a well engineered bit of German merchandise.
And, you are definitely on the right track by enrolling in proper handgun training.
Presuming you wanted this weapon primarily as a self defense tool, in the terrible event that one day you are confronted by some violent criminal/s, your proficiency with it will make all the difference.

I know the dangers of setting our life’s cadence according to Hollywood movies.
Nonetheless, the Actor, Gene Hackman in character as “Little Bill”, during the jailhouse scene of the Clint Eastwood movie “The Unforgiven”, delivers an excellent narrative on how to survive a close range / armed confrontation.
A very fine speech indeed.

I wish that scene/speech was available back when I was teaching firearms and tactics to my fellow Police Officers (I retired much before the movie was available).
I surely would have played that scene in the classroom portion of my otherwise boring sessions.

My parting shot as it were:
The most dangerous animal on earth walks upright on its hind legs.
He has virtually no limit, except how you deal with him, as to his resourcefulness and willingness to kill you.

Stay on that front sight,
Paul.
Thank you Paul. I hope the day never ever comes when I have to make that dreadful decision to pull the trigger on someone. I decided to get the carry conceal permit because I finally am living in a place where it was much more easily attainable. I don’t take that decision lightly. I plan on taking additional courses to help me become more proficient with a handgun. Next week I’ll have my prescription shooting glasses which will I hope greatly help my accuracy. Knowing myself as I’ve done with big game hunting I will dedicate a lot of time to do well at it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (161).png
    Screenshot (161).png
    188.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot (162).png
    Screenshot (162).png
    80.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot (163).png
    Screenshot (163).png
    445.6 KB · Views: 41
Slowly coming together my accuracy with a hand gun. Still waiting on my prescription shooting glasses but first couple of targets usually go well until my eyes get fatigued from strain. Just 20 feet.
DBF05940-1591-43DE-960F-89D21B40CBA8.jpeg

2984615C-B913-4A93-8561-530DF053C721.jpeg

Man can never have too many toys!

Slowly coming together my accuracy with a hand gun. Still waiting on my prescription shooting glasses but first couple of targets usually go well until my eyes get fatigued from strain. Just 20 feet.

Looks great. What holster setup are you looking carrying? I have half a truck bed of holsters I didn't like and a few that I do.

Looks great. What holster setup are you looking carrying? I have half a truck bed of holsters I didn't like and a few that I do.
Bought the OWB from Concealment express. Works nicely.

Johnnie, for self defense you are good to go. Now for some fun back up to 50 ft., reduce the target size and only use one hand. The sport is called Bullseye. Believe it or not your defensive shooting will get better as well.

Bought the OWB from Concealment express. Works nicely.

In your climate, you may find that inside the waist will work better at times. Concealment express has several models that would work, here are a few that I have found work best for me. I carry almost 100% of the time, so depending on what I am doing some might work better than others.

https://tenicor.com/collections/frontpage
They have a belt clip system that is best for retention I have ever seen, you need to be wearing a belt that is a 1.5" to take full advantage, but you most likely doing that anyway.

https://www.alabamaholster.com/product/the-hooker/
The guys at Alabama hostler are awesome, buy they are also slow with some models. This isn't the most secure system, but it is very slim and it also very easy to take off and on.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/co...ex-gun-holsters/products/iwb-torsion-holsters
Depending on your body size, this could be a great option. The build these in a way that allows the rear belt loop to really pull the grip of the handgun into your body. I am 6'3" and around 215, so if I am just going to be wearing shirt that doesn't fit like a Hillary Clinton MuuMuu, this is usually my choice.

http://jacksonleatherwork.com/2019/12/rtbrniwb-czsp01/
John Jackson does really good leather work, if I was going to get a nice leather outside the waist, I would go with Tucker Gun Leather, they are simply the best for outside holsters. But for a leather inside the waist, John Jackson makes a great rig. His web sight is a little weak, but here is a link to style I always get.
http://jacksonleatherwork.com/2019/12/rtbrniwb-czsp01/

I do all my practical shooting drills with 4"x6" note cards taped to targets. Once you get the fundamentals of handgun shooting down, I believe speed of presentation, smooth and efficient reloads, and malfunction clearing are where the bulk the effort should be placed. I would rather be shooting 6" groups at 30 feet fast from concealment, that be able to shoot 2" groups slow fire.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.31 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.34 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.36 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.49 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.57 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.27.59 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.28.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.28.08 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.28.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.28.15 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
@johnnyblues I Googled the I Target system and it does indeed look like a good training device. Question for you: Once you load the laser round into the chamber of your gun, do you have to rack it between each shot?

I was Christmas shopping with my wife this morning and I saw this laser clock system at the store. I wonder if it has the option to shoot the snooze button?

upload_2019-12-20_12-15-5.png

Johnnie, for self defense you are good to go. Now for some fun back up to 50 ft., reduce the target size and only use one hand. The sport is called Bullseye. Believe it or not your defensive shooting will get better as well.
Will do once I get my prescription shooting glasses. Really struggling without them.

@johnnyblues I Googled the I Target system and it does indeed look like a good training device. Question for you: Once you load the laser round into the chamber of your gun, do you have to rack it between each shot?

I was Christmas shopping with my wife this morning and I saw this laser clock system at the store. I wonder if it has the option to shoot the snooze button?

View attachment 320279
Yes just a short stroke will ready the gun. I do believe I Target is helping with trigger control

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topforx

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you