Rough Camping & Survival Tips

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.31.48_f103acc7.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.31.49_ae804a02.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.31.47_0e5cdead.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.31.47_ce0d8b1d.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.48.35_671e22d7.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.48.36_090898ff.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.47.20_b43f406b.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.47.21_62f5d226.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.49.33_43745bae.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.49.34_bfc5f48d.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.50.55_162c95de.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 08.50.56_68f2c8b7.jpg
 
438792930_440393735194739_7449288721113941098_n.jpg
 
My personal knives on camp with the youth groups are unintentionally being damaged by them.....
Rather than buying a cheap camp knife for them to use and maybe break, I went the DIY route....
I got a Big bladed tough spring steel carbon LASHER panga/machete at the Agri -store for R116...USD 6.
I then cut out 2 x custom self designed blades ,one still with the original handle, and other blade will get a wooden handle.
Now we have 2 X nearly indestructible practical youth camp knives for the price of one!
They can now at will dig with it, use it as tent pens, build shelter, chop light branches, make fire, use as n spoon to stir the stew/pap etc., peg it in a tree, carve wood, cut meat, sharpen sticks/spear, kitchen knife uses etc ,etc.....
Back home just a wash and a hand file to quickly sharpen them again, and these sturdy knives are ready to go the next batch of adventurous youths at the next camp again!
My personal camp knife now stay in my possession!

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-26 at 21.33.12_a3fc8eab.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 15.45.43_630743ac.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-27 at 15.45.44_b3fd9455.jpg
 
Last edited:
439437837_122141685860206481_2118749446715951444_n.jpg
 
DIY Whistles...
WhatsApp Image 2024-10-12 at 09.37.31_a534baa5.jpg
 
DIY Fishing goodies......
Publication4-page-0 (1).jpg
 

Making a fish net,
Bow (archery) string,
Fasten ( knapped and unknapped) rocks to sticks: spear head, hammer, tomahawk/axe, knife/machete
handle,
Lanyard, aka "dummy cord"
Bundling firewood
Making a tripod for hanging a cook pot,
Clothesline,
Constructing snowshoes,
The neon orange, for marking trail
Gun, water bottle/ "canteen", ration container sling
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-11-03 at 20.47.30_cfc756a4.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-22 at 16.11.37_7868b859.jpg
 
Last edited:
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-22 at 16.11.34_fdd68600.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-22 at 16.11.35_174584de.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-22 at 16.11.36_b463ab55.jpg
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-22 at 16.11.35_cdc2ade1.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,293
Members
169,735
Latest member
UweHurtado
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top