My new toy

Johnny,
It must be a breath of fresh air getting away from Jersey and being able to enjoy a handgun! Keep at it and next thing you know your handgun addiction will grow too!

Johnny,
It must be a breath of fresh air getting away from Jersey and being able to enjoy a handgun! Keep at it and next thing you know your handgun addiction will grow too!
Ya buddy, just to get a CCW permit in New York ( that’s where I’m from) is impossible! And yes we like it here just wish we could make friends more easily. Surely miss friends ,family and good Italian restaurants!! Did enjoy the heck shooting that pistol I must say. Gonna like it even better once my prescription shooting glasses arrive so I can really see what the hell Im looking at!:LOL:

Ya buddy, just to get a CCW permit in New York ( that’s where I’m from) is impossible! And yes we like it here just wish we could make friends more easily. Surely miss friends ,family and good Italian restaurants!! Did enjoy the heck shooting that pistol I must say. Gonna like it even better once my prescription shooting glasses arrive so I can really see what the hell Im looking at!:LOL:
Let me know how those work out. I have the same problem with a handgun - with my glasses, I can see the target and without them, I can see the sights.

Nice pistol.

Let me know how those work out. I have the same problem with a handgun - with my glasses, I can see the target and without them, I can see the sights.

Nice pistol.
Will do. They doctor shoots also so he recommended progressive type. Got them being made in Wiley X.

Ya buddy, just to get a CCW permit in New York ( that’s where I’m from)
Sorry JB! I guess you were close enough to smell Jersey though!lol
My Uncle(rabid liberal, 60’s UC Berkeley grad) lives in Jersey. After He and his Daughter came out and visited me he decided he was interested in acquiring a Ruger Mark III 22 pistol. As it turned out they had a great time shooting my guns and were amazed that they were in fact inanimate objects that needed human interaction for them to work!
First he asked me to send him one, I explained that I couldn’t simply mail him a gun and he would need to arrange transfer through a dealer, he was shocked. He was even more shocked when he went to try and buy a gun and realized how difficult it is to be able to legally get a handgun there. He gave up trying.
One of these days I am going to fly out and visit him and I will drag him to Griffin and Howe, maybe we can get him set up with something.
I’m just glad I don’t live out there, even though the Italian food in Texas is half assed at best!

Not bad!
Looks like it has a magazine release that you push down to release.

I remember a time when I was doing some instruction / Range Officer stuff at the club range. One of the neebies showed up with a little larger H&K model with that kind of a mag release. We do IPSC, and the rules about keeping the trigger finger outside the trigger guard, unless you are actually shooting, are strict. It was a bit unnerving to see him use the trigger finger for dropping the magazine, being used to people with thumb actuated release buttons. I suggested to him, that it might make sense to point out his method to ROs at matches, to prevent an unnecessary "Stop! Unload and show clear. Hammer down. Holster. Sorry but you are disqualified."

I use my thumb to release that lever on my SFP9(VP9). There is a version of this pistol with traditional button release too.

Nice pistol JB! Only HK I ever owned was one of those little HK4's that used interchangeable barrels. It was cool but had probably the worlds worst trigger.

I use my thumb to release that lever on my SFP9(VP9). There is a version of this pistol with traditional button release too.
I think the guy who used his index finger for the magazine release had found that his thumb didn't reach quite far enough, or didn't have enough leverage, without changing his grip.

Nice pistol JB! Only HK I ever owned was one of those little HK4's that used interchangeable barrels. It was cool but had probably the worlds worst trigger.
The trigger on this piece is outstanding. Online reviews rave about the trigger. Really enjoy shooting it. Now I have to work on my trigger pull....

Johnny, the key to pistol shooting is "Sight Alignment and Trigger Squeeze" There are of course other factors like foot placement and breath control. For defensive shooting you are well on your way (based on the target you posted.) If you can, find a local Pistol Club that shoots Bulls Eye. Once you become proficient you can always learn to shoot faster. PM me if you want to learn more.

Johnny, the key to pistol shooting is "Sight Alignment and Trigger Squeeze" There are of course other factors like foot placement and breath control. For defensive shooting you are well on your way (based on the target you posted.) If you can, find a local Pistol Club that shoots Bulls Eye. Once you become proficient you can always learn to shoot faster. PM me if you want to learn more.
Thank you. Yes as we all know practice practice practice... I intend on taking at least one private lesson from the instructor who’s basic pistol course I just took. He’s NRA certified with excellent credentials. Interestingly I just ordered a product called I Target, basically a trigger pull training system. Looks very interesting.

Thank you. Yes as we all know practice practice practice... I intend on taking at least one private lesson from the instructor who’s basic pistol course I just took. He’s NRA certified with excellent credentials. Interestingly I just ordered a product called I Target, basically a trigger pull training system. Looks very interesting.
I Target is pretty cool JB! Plus the wife won’t yell at you for shooting holes in the wall.

I've been a NRA Certified Instructor for 33 years and have held a NRA Masters Classification both Indoors and Outdoors since 1992. For whatever that is worth. If you have any questions let me know. I'll do my best to answer them.

I think the guy who used his index finger for the magazine release had found that his thumb didn't reach quite far enough, or didn't have enough leverage, without changing his grip.

That's why I do it with my index finger.

I've been a NRA Certified Instructor for 33 years and have held a NRA Masters Classification both Indoors and Outdoors since 1992. For whatever that is worth. If you have any questions let me know. I'll do my best to answer them.
Fantastic, thank you. From what I gather my trigger pull needs lots of work lol. But I’m sure it will come together with practice. This I target system I just received I think will help greatly. Played around with it about 40 minutes tonight.

Johnny, try balancing a dime on the barrel near the muzzle. When you can squeeze the trigger so that the gun fires (when empty of course) and the dime doesn't fall off, you have it made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frozenanna

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you