My new 9.3 x 62

Gustav Snyman

Reaction score
Bought my first hunting rifle today. Now the wait for the licence here in SA. It is a 9.3 x 62 Mauser built on a mauser style action.

D74C5B73-88D5-4246-8AAE-0E20E8A2F049.jpeg
729340A9-553D-4402-99A8-913E8F7AC77E.jpeg
D93B3145-AFD0-45C8-97B7-C89008D17DC0.jpeg
B60E32A1-6297-40CA-8288-1126A679EF4F.jpeg
8B1FC8B5-26A0-4238-96BD-B8EDD7FE1666.jpeg
51F0E2CC-50D3-4BFF-8A36-B244A7EFDF66.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you've went and done it....Congratulations!

Nice looking rifle in a great cartridge! Congrats!

Very nice, good start on your collection.

Nice looking classic mauser styled rifle. My favorite medium bore. You will have many great adventures with you new acquisition.

Hi Gustav,

Congratulations! By the pictures, the rifle looks good and well put together. The action looks very good.
The cartridge is a favorite! Modern and better than 100 years ago!

CF

Gustav, your "new" rifle seems to be in pretty good shape for a gun that is pushing a hundred. I couldn't make out the brand. Were you able to try it out before buying it, or did you know the previous owner? That caliber is a perfect way to begin a battery of rifles geared toward hunting Africa. Will you be able to take possession of and use it to hunt this year? What game will you be going after?

Looks very nice! This is your first hunting rifle??? What was the reason for choosing this caliber? I just bought one too, but it's far from being my first rifle!! It is however, my first 9.3x62!
20211221_212737.jpg

Gustav, what a fine choice! I predict you will have many fine adventures together!

Gustav, your "new" rifle seems to be in pretty good shape for a gun that is pushing a hundred. I couldn't make out the brand. Were you able to try it out before buying it, or did you know the previous owner? That caliber is a perfect way to begin a battery of rifles geared toward hunting Africa. Will you be able to take possession of and use it to hunt this year? What game will you be going after?
Unfortunately I was not able to shoot it before buying but the rifle is in perfect condition. This is a Vektor rifle that was built in South Africa on a Simson & Co pre war action. It’s been rebarelled and almost never shot by the looks of it. Unfortunately the current backlog in issuing of licences in SA means that I will more than likely only take posession next year. This situation is however improving as a result of ongoing litigation. I’m going to hunt most african game but will focus on Eland, Wildebeest, Zebra and maybe a Cape Buffalo in countries where the 9.3 is legal.

Congratulations Gustav ! You have bought a very nice rifle in a great caliber , I wish you many happy hunts with it . Vektor rifles are well built and great quality , in the 90s I was involved in the security of the Vektor factory and often visited the hunting rifle section , it was a well run and professional rifle making workshop .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuong0

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.