AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Well, not sure where I can put my next trip? Cape buff will have to be a Euro mount just to get it in the room. Had to hang my black bear over a chair to make room for the zebra. Where do you guys find the space? I might need to rent a warehouse to turn into my "Man Cave"!:(

P1000130.jpg

Attachments

• P1000130.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 438
At some point it is ok just to take pictures.

Then you just rotate the next best one in for the third down and on you go.

Thanks Red Leg. I did buy a new camera for this trip! You may have a very valid point. Just as long as I get to eat dead stuff.(y)

Love seeing the john wayne piece in the corner. I say move the 3 euors together and make room for the buff.

This would look great coming off the wall.

53-Cape-Buffalo-1024x966.jpg

Thanks Red Leg. I did buy a new camera for this trip! You may have a very valid point. Just as long as I get to eat dead stuff.(y)

I have friends who had life changing experiences hunting Africa, and now won't go back because they have no room for the taxidermy. That, to my mind is a little nuts. In recent years I have been very selective of which animal comes home, and even more selective about actual mounts. On the other hand, I take lots of pictures, and I build an album through Shutterfly of every hunt.

I love creating a great personal space - but that space is inevitably limited and so it is representative of my passion - not the sum total of it.

I love creating a great personal space - but that space is inevitably limited and so it is representative of my passion - not the sum total of it.

Excellent conclusion.

I guess to each there own some like to do mounts some don't. Both are ok as long as it make the person happy in the end. I know plenty of people who wish they mounted something they left behind to.

I would say having one buff mount would be my choice if it is the right one and I would not be taking another in my life time. Just a personal choice really.

By the way a little info for you old codgers, the picture over the fireplace is a numbered print from a Fred Harmon painting and the BB gun to the left of the fireplace was a gift from my daughter...1920s Red Rider! Fred Harmon was the artist who created "Red Rider and Little Beaver" comic strip.
"And now you know the rest of the story."

Thanks for everyone's kind comments of my little space.

I guess to each there own some like to do mounts some don't. Both are ok as long as it make the person happy in the end. I know plenty of people who wish they mounted something they left behind to.

I would say having one buff mount would be my choice if it is the right one and I would not be taking another in my life time. Just a personal choice really.
Oh no Bill.... can't have just one... they're kind of like potato chips that way;)

Nice, thanks for sharing!

Looks like you've got way to much of that other stuff called "furniture"...
We find that attractively designed cluster pedestal mounts, make good use of space, often you can get 3 or 4 animals into the space of 1 or 2 wall mounts, especially when working in rooms with lower ceilings like yours, and then fill in around them with your european / skull mounts

Gun safes and man caves: buy or build the biggest you can afford, but realize you will fill it up at some point.

When I got back from Africa, my wife and I had already been talking about selling our house and going a touch bigger. When we were done, she looked at me and said "Yeah we are gonna need space just to go with anything we get back from this trip". I agreed, and said taller ceilings would be a plus. Nice trophy room/man cave! I really like the use of flat and back skins.

Great man cave! It's time to add on or bust down a wall sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg