AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Well, not sure where I can put my next trip? Cape buff will have to be a Euro mount just to get it in the room. Had to hang my black bear over a chair to make room for the zebra. Where do you guys find the space? I might need to rent a warehouse to turn into my "Man Cave"!:(

P1000130.jpg

Attachments

• P1000130.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 346

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
At some point it is ok just to take pictures.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

Then you just rotate the next best one in for the third down and on you go.

Ridgewalker

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Thanks Red Leg. I did buy a new camera for this trip! You may have a very valid point. Just as long as I get to eat dead stuff.(y)

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Love seeing the john wayne piece in the corner. I say move the 3 euors together and make room for the buff.

This would look great coming off the wall.

53-Cape-Buffalo-1024x966.jpg

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Thanks Red Leg. I did buy a new camera for this trip! You may have a very valid point. Just as long as I get to eat dead stuff.(y)

I have friends who had life changing experiences hunting Africa, and now won't go back because they have no room for the taxidermy. That, to my mind is a little nuts. In recent years I have been very selective of which animal comes home, and even more selective about actual mounts. On the other hand, I take lots of pictures, and I build an album through Shutterfly of every hunt.

I love creating a great personal space - but that space is inevitably limited and so it is representative of my passion - not the sum total of it.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I love creating a great personal space - but that space is inevitably limited and so it is representative of my passion - not the sum total of it.

Excellent conclusion.

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
I guess to each there own some like to do mounts some don't. Both are ok as long as it make the person happy in the end. I know plenty of people who wish they mounted something they left behind to.

I would say having one buff mount would be my choice if it is the right one and I would not be taking another in my life time. Just a personal choice really.

Ridgewalker

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
By the way a little info for you old codgers, the picture over the fireplace is a numbered print from a Fred Harmon painting and the BB gun to the left of the fireplace was a gift from my daughter...1920s Red Rider! Fred Harmon was the artist who created "Red Rider and Little Beaver" comic strip.
"And now you know the rest of the story."

Thanks for everyone's kind comments of my little space.

ActionBob

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
I guess to each there own some like to do mounts some don't. Both are ok as long as it make the person happy in the end. I know plenty of people who wish they mounted something they left behind to.

I would say having one buff mount would be my choice if it is the right one and I would not be taking another in my life time. Just a personal choice really.
Oh no Bill.... can't have just one... they're kind of like potato chips that way;)

Nosler guy

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
sci
Looks like you've got way to much of that other stuff called "furniture"...
We find that attractively designed cluster pedestal mounts, make good use of space, often you can get 3 or 4 animals into the space of 1 or 2 wall mounts, especially when working in rooms with lower ceilings like yours, and then fill in around them with your european / skull mounts

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Gun safes and man caves: buy or build the biggest you can afford, but realize you will fill it up at some point.

Bsto270

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
When I got back from Africa, my wife and I had already been talking about selling our house and going a touch bigger. When we were done, she looked at me and said "Yeah we are gonna need space just to go with anything we get back from this trip". I agreed, and said taller ceilings would be a plus. Nice trophy room/man cave! I really like the use of flat and back skins.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Great man cave! It's time to add on or bust down a wall sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaytienonlinenhanh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

john corry wrote on Alexandro Faria's profile.
Hi,
I remembered you mentioned a dealer in Gauteng regarding a Rigby 350? May I ask who that is? I’m a collector of rigby rifles. Many thanks. John
I am alive and trying to find some hard-to-find reloading dies in .475 #2 (not Jeffreys)
Hi, I’m going on a Leopard & Lion hunt, I’m taking my 338 Blaser mag loaded with 225gr Nosler Accubond moving at 2850ft/s. Will the Nosler Accubond be an excellent bullet on this leopard & lion? Thanks
raamw wrote on MShort's profile.
I have an as new M70 right hand with standard wood of excellent graining and a winchester synthetic
Looking for a 358 Norma Mag.