My Covid vaccination experience

My wife and I both got dose #1 of the Pfitzer vaccine on Wednesday morning. The Mayo Clinic was the venue.
She experienced only a sore arm. I had both a sore arm and some mild fever like symptoms. Last night I couldn’t tell if the malaise was a symptom of the shot, or just it being Thursday night. Three weeks of waiting for the next jab. The clinic was super efficient. I think I spent more time backtracking to get to a coffee shop afterwards than the whole vaccination experience.

And, I’ll have you all know, the nurse clearly told me “no”, that the vaccine would not give me any Harry Potter type magical powers.
@Goose Cracker how long did it take you to pee out the chip?

Last edited by a moderator:
With that bean said, The manufacturers of the vaccine and the makers of the virus are the same. Nothing we haven't seen before. history just repeats itself. There are other medications out there that destroys the virus but they are not optional because the new vaccine must sell.
Just how deep is that rabbit hole?

The manufacturers of the vaccine and the makers of the virus are the same.
I thought that only applied to computer viruses and the anti-virus software. :A Stirring:

Had my pfizer shot yesterday sore arm but not much else and now the wait of four months for the second one because our illustrious leader knows more than the scientists that developed the vaccine. The little "Potato" dictator got caught putting his trust in the Chinese to help Canada develope the vaccine and now we are somewhere around 40th in the world for per capita vaccinations! There are third world countries that have vaccinated more citizens. Now Canada is in the middle of another wave of lockdowns and personal freedom infringement. Personally I'm not that worried about a second shot as I suffered through the virus in November so this shot should work as a booster. I'm hoping that they give me a pass on the second shot. Good luck all.

Correction, as of this afternoon we are 53rd in the world for per capita vaccinations. Yay

Got my second dose of Pfizer this morning at 8:00 am. About 2:00 pm it started in with some chills. It is kicking my butt now. Chills, sweats, body aches. Headed back to bed.

Got my second dose of Pfizer this morning at 8:00 am. About 2:00 pm it started in with some chills. It is kicking my butt now. Chills, sweats, body aches. Headed back to bed.
Rough! Hope you feel better. You should be over it soon, and so much more worth it than getting covid.

I had the AstraZeneca because only hospitals atm are offering the Pfizer shot. Only frontline workers can get the shot at the hospitals atm.
I literally didn’t know the needle was even in my arm until it was coming out.
Only issues - very sore arm next day and unbelievably tired.
Get the next shot 29 June and an hour later I get my six monthly skin check
My son had the Pfizer - first one - very bad headache
Second - nothing of note
Three weeks between the Pfizer shots and three months between the AstraZeneca
The later - first shot primed the immune system

Rough! Hope you feel better. You should be over it soon, and so much more worth it than getting covid.

Thanks. It lasted about 8 hours is all. Started feeling better about 10pm. Feel great this morning. Shoulder is not sore either. Think I will head to the range and play with 500 NE getting ready for May departure.

Got the J&J shot on Thursday. Got up on Friday went and got a haircut, back home and spent better part of day in bed. Fever, chills, body aches and wicked headache ache. Felt better yesterday but not back to 100% yet.

I was originally scheduled for May 10th, but Pima County announced some pop-up vaccine sites today. No appointment necessary. Jumped in the truck and drove down and got a shot of Moderna.

This took place at the Chinese Cultural Center.

Oh......the Irony.

No side effects......yet.

Took my 1st shot of Pfizer yesterday. With all the shots over my military career I figured I wouldn't notice anything at all but within a couple hours I had a few minor side effects. Next morning back to normal. 2nd shot coming May 1st.
I do know that I will be laminating my vaccine card as the nurse said there is no replacements if one was to loose it.

I was originally scheduled for May 10th, but Pima County announced some pop-up vaccine sites today. No appointment necessary. Jumped in the truck and drove down and got a shot of Moderna.

This took place at the Chinese Cultural Center.

Oh......the Irony.

No side effects......yet.
Did they set you up for the second shot?

Some sites here in Colorado are only giving you your first shot and then it is up to you to find a location for the second one if they have available vaccine for your second one

I had the J&J a little over two weeks ago. Some chills and moderate achy-brakies that evening and the next day.
No third ear just yet.

Did they set you up for the second shot?

Some sites here in Colorado are only giving you your first shot and then it is up to you to find a location for the second one if they have available vaccine for your second one
I still have my original appointment on May 10th, which was supposed to be my first injection. I'll just bring my card, and make that appointment as my 2nd vaccine.

I am getting my 2nd shot of Moderna next Saturday April 17. Someone told me if you have been vaccinated; you don't need to take the PCR test before flying. Anyone here know if this is true? I am flying to hunt in South Africa on June 26.

If you have already had it and had no problems,other then if proof of being vaccinated to travel is required,what would be the reason to be vaccinated.I’ve done hep B,yellow fever and some others but this one has me asking more questions.Maybe some docs can chime in.

To those of you who have received or plan to receive the J&J vaccine, what do you think of it only being 56-72% effective, depending on where the study was done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg