My Covid vaccination experience

No. Have not had the shingles vaccine, tho' my doc has recommended it.
I've had the shingles vacc and also treatments with VCG. Survived 2 flu pandemics 1957 & 1968 so here's hoping I have some immunity to covid. I will get the vaccine and treat it like the annual flu injection. I haven't had the flu since about 1970.

No. Have not had the shingles vaccine, tho' my doc has recommended it.

If you have known anyone who has had shingles you would be running, not walking down to the local pharmacy to get the shingles vaccine. I had the first one which was just a single vaccine, but they have come out with a two dose one that is suppose to be even better. And with my doctor knowing that I had the one vaccine he recommended that I get the new one.

In a matter of two years I knew of 5 of my friends and relatives that came down with shingles and after watching them suffer I said that if there was a vaccine to help prevent it I'd take it, and I did.

On the covid one I just got my first dose this morning. But then I have a few health conditions that would make it even worse if I did catch the virus.

Between the flood prep, rain, work, and bourbon it is yet unfired in WV, unfortunately. But it is a beautiful rifle and is waiting patiently by my shooting window.

Deaths from ANY vaccination are not uncommon-anaphylactic reactions can and do occur. Many of you were required to sit around for 15 minutes after your vaccine. That’s so if you developed breathing difficulties, the ems staff could give you Epi and Benadryl injections. I know because I have been the guy on standby during vaccinations for covid.
can you imagine the push back from the initial vaccine for polio?!
I applaud those of you who received the vaccine. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I got a call yesterday from Doctor. I am scheduled for March 26 for my first shot. Nothing local has been available close to home but since I see a Doctor at Baylor in Houston they got me on there list, so I will make the 1 1/2 hour drive up there to get mine. Will have the second shot in time also before my May 28 departure to SA.

There is a heartwarming covid story if you are interested in doing some internet searching. Randy Blake is a story worth reading up on. There are afew good stories popping up among the many awful ones, this one appealed to me personally-

Some of you are saying you can’t find a COVID shot.
We were sitting and hoping our medical place would send us an email to come in and make an appointment for a shot.

we found this place and if it is working it has allmost every state listed under it. I had three places in 30 miles from our place most in small towns that had opening you could get an appointment on the Internet.

Try this snd see if it works!!
Tom

I just clicked on it and it works great. It came from my phone

If you have known anyone who has had shingles you would be running, not walking down to the local pharmacy to get the shingles vaccine. I had the first one which was just a single vaccine, but they have come out with a two dose one that is suppose to be even better. And with my doctor knowing that I had the one vaccine he recommended that I get the new one.

In a matter of two years I knew of 5 of my friends and relatives that came down with shingles and after watching them suffer I said that if there was a vaccine to help prevent it I'd take it, and I did.

On the covid one I just got my first dose this morning. But then I have a few health conditions that would make it even worse if I did catch the virus.
My wife had shingles and I can attest it's not something to take lightly. Once you've had shingles, they won't give you the vaccine for at least 12months. I don't know why. From my reading of covid vaccines, think I'll prefer the Astrazeneca one to the Pfizer one. Astrazeneca will be more widely available anyway.

I watched a show tonight (Sunday) that Fox had on about the vaccines.

The consensus was to get the one that is available to you where you live. The only one that was available where I am at is the Moderna, so that is what got stuck into my arm yesterday.

I also had shingles. They wouldn't have been so bad but they last a long time and become annoying. Like a bad sunburn that last months
My wife had shingles and I can attest it's not something to take lightly. Once you've had shingles, they won't give you the vaccine for at least 12months. I don't know why. From my reading of covid vaccines, think I'll prefer the Astrazeneca one to the Pfizer one. Astrazeneca will be more widely available anyway.

The second moderma shot made me feel draggy for a few days. I didn't take anything for it. Now my wife spent two days in bed with a headache chills and aches. She took Tylenol. Were back to normal now.

In Alaska we are blessed with a relatively low population.
And so, a large number of people here have been vaccinated and more are receiving it daily.
The Moderna version is what was offered to me and so I read up on it.
Millions had received it by then.
It didn’t sound scary.

My 81 year old mother in law lives with us (lucky me).
And so partly for her safety and partly because I fear airlines might begin requiring proof of vaccination before selling me a flight, I decided to get vaccinated.

I received my two shots, with 4 weeks between each.
I am 68.
First one was literally painless (the needle looked tiny, like a hair) and I had zero side affects.
It was as if I was injected with a few drops of distilled water.
Second one was nothing to moan about either.
However, my shoulder was a little sore the next day, just like a normal flu shot.
Day after that, I had to press on the injection site to inspire any soreness at all.

One of my fellow geezer friends told me that he has suspected I’ve already been dead for a long time now and my lack of any real reaction to the shots is proof of his theory.

Wife and I got 2nd Moderna shot yesterday (3/4). She has had no side effects as yet. I have a sore shoulder but nothing else.

My dad got his second Pfizer shot yesterday. He came down with flue like symptoms in the middle of
The night. He’s feeling a little better now. The rest of us get our second shot next week.

I got my first Pfizer dose about 8 hours ago. I have some pain in arm, started felling tired and chilled about an hour ago. People react different to the dose. My immune system is not the greatest with some health issues I have and Dr. said it was best to take the vaccine since I plan on being in South Africa on May30th for 25 day Safari. Second dose already scheduled for April 3rd

My wife, who is seven years older than me, got both shots of the Moderna vaccine. A sore arm for a couple of days after each and was a little tired.
I had Guillian Barre‘ Syndrome in 2014. Thus I have been advised not to get flu shots.
Now I want to get both the Shingles and COVID vaccines. HOWEVER, neither the CDC, my primary care physician or my neurologist can commit to a straight answer on the safety of these with my past condition.
I’m planning on rolling the dice and getting the COVID VACCINE.

I got my first Pfizer dose about 8 hours ago. I have some pain in arm, started felling tired and chilled about an hour ago. People react different to the dose. My immune system is not the greatest with some health issues I have and Dr. said it was best to take the vaccine since I plan on being in South Africa on May30th for 25 day Safari. Second dose already scheduled for April 3rd

I'm not keen on the vaccine either but like you I'm thinking of future travel so I'll have it. AstraZeneca is the current flavor of the month here but I'm second on the list after all the essential services (politicians, bar staff, takeaways, liquor stores. Just kidding about the politicians)

My spouse and I had our first injections on Sunday. Williamson County has set up a very efficient drive thru operation. We are both 68 and were notified Friday to use a link to schedule. We picked the same window on Sunday, and drove through with no delay at all. I was driving so mine was in the left and Nancy's in the right. The longest wait was sitting parked in the release area for fifteen minutes to see if any reaction occurred. I found it comforting that the county had a single bored medic and no ambulance at the holding area. Our second shots are scheduled for the 31st in the same facility. This was the Pfizer Vaccine and neither of us had any reaction of any sort to the first shot.

I remain convinced the vaccination card will become the get out of jail free card for international travel in the coming months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg