Music Enthusiasts?

I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Nepal. Those kids are adorable. The Nepalese are the happiest people I’ve ever encountered.

If you stay too long. It’s hard to return to our spoiled unhappy people.
 
When you're really irritable, Joni Mitchel seems to make it worse .. ;
 
I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Nepal. Those kids are adorable. The Nepalese are the happiest people I’ve ever encountered.

If you stay too long. It’s hard to return to our spoiled unhappy people.
Isn’t that the truth! Here in about 6 weeks I’m headed to Philippines to spend some time with the family there. Similar happy people :) Our youngest stray rugrat turns 4 in July.

IMG_0068.jpeg
 
As a kid, my mom listened to a little Gypsy Jazz - Django Reinhardt
Listened to him a lot when I was younger; might still have a cassette tape of him somewhere. He was an amazingly talented musician, and perhaps more amazing because of his injuries.
 
As stated earlier, I've learned to enjoy a variety of international music and music video. Here is another one from Nepal that falls into the Bal Geet category- loosely translated that means a children's simple repeating and rhyming song usually designed to encourage interest in self-identity or the importance of education. Youtube link to a Nepali Bal Geet of a girl's identity as a "Nepali girl" in a fantasy. This one uses some very simple yet low tech, clever, cyclic jump cut editing to good effect.

 
I've had enough of the uniform police and Boddington's military shorts!

This is another version of the folk dance song Mayo Gayo Gau Chadi done outdoors by a group. Other version posted was by Mechu Dhimal performing on "The Voice Nepal" competition show. IMO, this group is really good and pleasing to watch.

 
A Rukum Market Nepali Cover Dance posted on FB by Nitu Garung... well done by this group. I think many of these traditional dance songs have morphed into what are called "Bollywood" productions. I don't really care for much of the new Bollywood material though. This traditional interpretation, IMO, is especially simple, pleasing and unique. :)

 
Another international eclectic produced by Nitu Gurung of Nepal. Appearances can be misleading ;) with this Nepali cover dance being a tribute to the culture of the Gurkha, one of the world’s most disciplined soldier and their symbolic weapon, the Kukri. A cultural difference with our western view I believe.
 
Last edited:
I saw a form of this on a movie .. always found this pretty good!

 
Another pleasing version of a very popular modern Nepali folk cover dance song video. Rukum Maikot (pronounced “rukum maikoteh”. Lyrics reflect very simple song of admiration and affection, including smile, thinking appreciation, etc. This version done by 3 Gurung sisters- SisterSquad

 
Here's another of the very popular Gorkhe Kukuri cover dance mixes. Self-produced by a family- performed by Manshika and Prabina Gurung- produced by Roshan Gurung. More Gurung clan :):)
Fun to watch. These girls are super animated. I subscribe to some of these low budget, self-produced channels there to help support.

 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,376
Members
169,345
Latest member
HyeFabela5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top