Music Enthusiasts?

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37
Going through Ma's stuff, I found the correspondence as she met & kept in touch with Graeme Edge & Co. from "The Moody Blues" 1971.

"One the Threshold of a Dream" really cool.
1710025877554.png

1710026042068.png
 
Good stuff but I had to cringe on the Steve Winwood one. Why? In college (85-90.. yes, fiver years: I changed majors rather radically) we had to take a PE class every year. One year I took volleyball. Our teacher had been an All-America level collegiate player, and was only a few years removed from that. She was a HUGE Steve Winwood fan, and blared his music to rock concert levels in the gym every freaking class period the whole semester. I don't often tire of things. I grew weary of Winwood that year, and haven't ever really gotten back to appreciating him.

Perhaps, from that, I can be forgiven. :p
 
Good stuff but I had to cringe on the Steve Winwood one. Why? In college (85-90.. yes, fiver years: I changed majors rather radically) we had to take a PE class every year. One year I took volleyball. Our teacher had been an All-America level collegiate player, and was only a few years removed from that. She was a HUGE Steve Winwood fan, and blared his music to rock concert levels in the gym every freaking class period the whole semester. I don't often tire of things. I grew weary of Winwood that year, and haven't ever really gotten back to appreciating him.

Perhaps, from that, I can be forgiven. :p
Omg, lmfao! .. I'm sorry, that's funny. And Understandable! I'll attest to a lot of artists, similarly;
 
Great stuff. I actually got to see the Moodies in concert once. They were doing their reunion tour and had recently issued a couple of new albums. They put on a heck of a show.
 
Great stuff. I actually got to see the Moodies in concert once. They were doing their reunion tour and had recently issued a couple of new albums. They put on a heck of a show.
I would've loved to catch them, just once. So many great songs rarely played, heard. Backstage, an enormous banquette hall in Ann Arbor with very few people, Members & Crew. Last show before anxiously returning to England, family oriented. Justin shared photos of his wife & kids, humble/modest country home, genuine people .. from what I was told.
 
Good stuff but I had to cringe on the Steve Winwood one. Why? In college (85-90.. yes, fiver years: I changed majors rather radically) we had to take a PE class every year. One year I took volleyball. Our teacher had been an All-America level collegiate player, and was only a few years removed from that. She was a HUGE Steve Winwood fan, and blared his music to rock concert levels in the gym every freaking class period the whole semester. I don't often tire of things. I grew weary of Winwood that year, and haven't ever really gotten back to appreciating him.

Perhaps, from that, I can be forgiven. :p
I had a Jr. High teacher, loved Michael Bolton .. She just thought he had "Sax Appeal"
1711040400437.png
 
60's, 70's, 80's, 90's .. Love to hear your interest's. anything?
 
80s rock, country back as far as the 70s and through some current stuff, Christian rock/worship, some alternative rock, late 90s through early 2000s pop, and some other stuff, like The Manhattan Transfer.

A handful that have played in my office this morning: Silent Lucidity/Queensryche, Uncle Kracker/Smile, Casting Crowns/Thrive, MercyMe/Greater, Come On Get Higher/Matt Nathanson, Nathalie Merchant/Thank You, Luke Combs/Better Together, Five for Fighting/Superman, Kawliga/Charley Pride
 
I'll pass on Bolton - my lovely bride was a fan when she wasn't following Sly and the Family Stone. I could not abide "Dance to the Music" but "Stand" (1969) pretty much defined a whole genre and era of music.


Early on, I was, and still am, a Bob Dylan fan. One of my prize possessions is a copy of his "Desire" album where he signed both the cover and put "Bob" on the album. It isn't his best work but "Sara" is poignant, and "Mozambique" which has no real meaning, is nevertheless probably apropos to our group.

dylan.jpg


 
I started young, my older Brothers have toured the globe for 25 years. They signed to Universal in 2000 & still making albums, I had some great chances to fill in @ some of their shows.
1711044336123.png

 
Jefferson Airplane - weren't many of my generation who didn't have something of a crush on Grace Slick.
young-grace-slick (1).jpg

Grace has aged more than a little, but the Airplane's music can still hold its own.

As of course so does Starship
 
Jefferson Airplane - weren't many of my generation who didn't have something of a crush on Grace Slick.
View attachment 594647
Grace has aged more than a little, but the Airplane's music can still hold its own.

As of course so does Starship
That Starship Vinyl is here (I didn't know "Miracles" was done by them) Great song. Thanks for bringing her up though, I was raised on all of this music (and mothers pills still don't do anything at all), but she was slick, no doubt. That Monterey Pop festival brought one of my favorites from them ..
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,216
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top