Muntjac Pictures

GRED
Very late posting this but he is cleaned up and ready to be mounted on a shield. I took this pic before I stuck his canines back in so you can see the size of them and the damage they can cause fighting

View attachment 47341
GREAT stuff... very different to what I am used to!! Well done on an exciting hunt.
 
GRED

GREAT stuff... very different to what I am used to!! Well done on an exciting hunt.

Thank you. I saw a huge Muntjac buck yesterday, a lot bigger than him but he was back in cover again before I could get a shot and disappeared.
 
Amazing animals! I am ashamed to say I had never heard/seen one until your post, thank you! Great trophy!
 
Amazing animals! I am ashamed to say I had never heard/seen one until your post, thank you! Great trophy!

You're welcome. I'm not surprised you hadn't heard of them - you can only legally I hunt them in England I believe.
 
You're welcome. I'm not surprised you hadn't heard of them - you can only legally I hunt them in England I believe.
Wow! Awesome animals!
 
Also never heard of them before this post...
 
If anyone wants to come over a shoot one, let me know and I'm happy to help organise the trip. You go through Heathrow on your way to SA anyway so why not stop off for a few days.
 
If anyone wants to come over a shoot one, let me know and I'm happy to help organise the trip. You go through Heathrow on your way to SA anyway so why not stop off for a few days.
Excellent proposition UKHunter.
I like it.
Witold
 
Very interesting looking animal!
 
If anyone wants to come over a shoot one, let me know and I'm happy to help organise the trip. You go through Heathrow on your way to SA anyway so why not stop off for a few days.

If I am bringing my rifles along what can we do about that?
 
If anyone wants to come over a shoot one, let me know and I'm happy to help organise the trip. You go through Heathrow on your way to SA anyway so why not stop off for a few days.
I would be interested in doing such a hunt... we go to UK quite a bit.. would I be able to hire a firearm to hunt with there?
brusonn@hotmail.com
 
I would be interested in doing such a hunt... we go to UK quite a bit.. would I be able to hire a firearm to hunt with there?
brusonn@hotmail.com

No outfitter is legally allowed to charge you to hire a firearm, any doing so I would avoid! However, they can lend you one to use free of charge.
 
No outfitter is legally allowed to charge you to hire a firearm, any doing so I would avoid! However, they can lend you one to use free of charge.
OK... thanks for the feedback.
 
Thank you for the offer.
I can imagine the firearms office getting a little excited about a .375H&H for Muntjac.

I'll check on the link.

I'm not sure you would need to list the target quarry species on the form, but yes if you plan on using a .375 please use solids! :ROFLMAO:
 
I'm not sure you would need to list the target quarry species on the form, but yes if you plan on using a .375 please use solids! :ROFLMAO:

Only doing a Euro mount so I should be ok with TTSX.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,278
Messages
1,570,415
Members
168,882
Latest member
RhysStanto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top