Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
PH in Zim watching developments just texted me one word: "Pambereeeeeee!" Just checked the news online and CNN have posted up this headline 4 minutes ago:

upload_2017-11-22_0-28-3.jpeg
Robert Mugabe resigns after 37 years as Zimbabwe's leader
Harare, Zimbabwe (CNN)Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has resigned, the speaker of the country's Parliament said, bringing an end to his 37 years of rule.

The announcement came as Parliament began proceedings to impeach him, six days after the military seized control in the capital, Harare, and placed the 93-year-old leader under house arrest.
Crowds in the streets of Harare broke out in rapturous celebrations, dancing and cheering in joy, some raising their fists and waving Zimbabwean flags.
As Mugabe's letter was read out in Parliament, lawmakers broke out in thunderous applause and cheers.

I hope its true!!!

That is the word as of today, resigned. Anyone know what became of Gucci Grace? Last I heard she had left Zim for parts unknown, but nothing since.

That is the word as of today, resigned. Anyone know what became of Gucci Grace? Last I heard she had left Zim for parts unknown, but nothing since.

I think the reports of her being in the embassy in Windhoek were wrong. This is probably the best/most informative article I have read regarding the details. I don't know what is true or not, but this seems fairly plausible going into the weekend. If this is true, Grace made Bob way over play his cards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5094609/How-China-helped-depose-dozing-despot-Mugabe.html

I'm scared of the power vacuum this is gonna leave. Remember Libya.

Decent chance there will be no vacuum. Mnangagwa will be fully in control......ZANU PF will be fully in control.....

The economy may determine the length of time at the top. Mnangagwa certainly knows what not to do.

For the sake of the Zimbabwean people, I am hopeful those that assume control have learned from Bob's mistakes, but I will believe it when I see it. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

May be a bit dicey for a while, but eventually they will probably sort it out and Zim will be the better for Bobs removal.

She's probably headed straight to those Swiss bank accounts

According to the long article above she is still in Zim with the Bobster.

She's probably headed straight to those Swiss bank accounts

Hopefully the military made her transfer the majority of those funds back to Zimbabwe prior to releasing her. Otherwise, hopefully she is still being held until she surrenders most of those accounts.

Perhaps the contents of Grace's closets can be distributed on the streets of Harare. Wouldn't it be neat next year to see market workers pulling bananas out of Gucci bags while wearing Red Sole Shoes and an Armani blouse!

Bob is out, "the crocodile" is in, I have little faith there is going to be much change in Zimbabwe.

Bob is out, "the crocodile" is in, I have little faith there is going to be much change in Zimbabwe.

Except the "Croc" knows who the boss is: China.

Hopefully the military made her transfer the majority of those funds back to Zimbabwe prior to releasing her. Otherwise, hopefully she is still being held until she surrenders most of those accounts.

Perhaps the contents of Grace's closets can be distributed on the streets of Harare. Wouldn't it be neat next year to see market workers pulling bananas out of Gucci bags while wearing Red Sole Shoes and an Armani blouse!

Not a fat chance.

Not a fat chance.

The part about China is what concerns me. China couldn't care less how the citizens are treated so long as they get what they want and aren't somehow embarrassed.

I'll believe there is real change on the way if Zim will do what it takes to attract investment from the western world.

Fleeing the country for your life. Not by plane and not by highway through Beitbridge or Mutare, but by bush roads you are familiar with that you used during the Second Chimurenga, at least according to a couple reports. Yes, it is probably good to get approval and blessings from the power broker. China knows what the feeling in the streets of Zimbabwe were before Mnangagwa fled. They want a stable country. They want a stable leader. They want a stable economy. Their investments and influence depend on it. That is why they gave their approval to Mnangagwa and Chiwenga. Lancaster House is not involved this time. This is probably good.

I'll believe there is real change on the way if Zim will do what it takes to attract investment from the western world.

Ditto!

Mnangagwa has made statements prior to the last couple of weeks regarding the economy and how it needs to change. He is an intelligent individual. He sees the reaction of the people. There is a decent chance that things will improve. Possibly exponentially. Opportunities abound when economies are opened up. Especially when the economies are at rock bottom to start with. ie: Berlin Wall, Rwanda and Nicaragua. Look where they are now. Will countries on the edge like Zimbabwe and Cuba burst forth or flounder. Time will tell. Zimbabwe was once a jewel. Unfortunately it lost a number of great business leaders, but it still has a core that can make things pop if capital is directed their way. A constitutional statement regarding property rights will be key to this success.

Not a fat chance.

Not sure if this comment is about bank transfers back into Zimbabwe or Street market vendors wearing Armani. My Armani comment was tongue in cheek and a little wishful/humorous thinking. If it is regarding bank transfers then I am confident that is happening or has happened as it does in virtually all coups. Despots tend to be persuaded to give funds away. ;) Funds will probably get repatriated whether we ever know about it or not. I am not saying funds go into the reserve bank of Zimbabwe. But you can bet that promises were made by the Generals to the members of the armed forces. The military is about to get bonuses or raises thanks to Grace whether she likes it or not. This will be a small boost to the economy in and of itself. Decent chance that others might make out as well. And yes! I am sure a large portion of these funds go to the Mnangagwas and Chiwengas and will never be repatriated.

If the next election looks above board and the EU and US State Department remove sanctions then capital will start moving in. Direct US/EU/UK aid will probably come in as well.

I have read that the military are on the streets and they are not soliciting or taking bribes. Not sure where the police are, but that is a good start!

All the best to our friends in Zimbabwe! Here is praying for a new tomorrow and that opportunities abound for all of you! Carpe Diem!

chomp,chomp,oink,oink.

As others have said I d hope those coming to power will improve the lives of the people.

. . .
Not sure if this comment is about bank transfers back into Zimbabwe or Street market vendors wearing Armani. My Armani comment was tongue in cheek and a little wishful/humorous thinking. If it is regarding bank transfers then I am confident that is happening or has happened as it does in virtually all coups. Despots tend to be persuaded to give funds away. ;) Funds will probably get repatriated whether we ever know about it or not. I am not saying funds go into the reserve bank of Zimbabwe. But you can bet that promises were made by the Generals to the members of the armed forces. The military is about to get bonuses or raises thanks to Grace whether she likes it or not. This will be a small boost to the economy in and of itself. Decent chance that others might make out as well. And yes! I am sure a large portion of these funds go to the Mnangagwas and Chiwengas and will never be repatriated.

If the next election looks above board and the EU and US State Department remove sanctions then capital will start moving in. Direct US/EU/UK aid will probably come in as well.

I have read that the military are on the streets and they are not soliciting or taking bribes. Not sure where the police are, but that is a good start!

All the best to our friends in Zimbabwe! Here is praying for a new tomorrow and that opportunities abound for all of you! Carpe Diem!

My not a fat chance was about Uncle Bob and Gucci Grace giving money back, that stole like every other third world leader. Not going to happen. I am sure that was the "deal" for Uncle Bob to give up the ship was to keep the money in CH (Switzerland) and free passage to RSA. After all they have now to buy a house (compound) in Sandton (JNB) or Clifton/Camps Bay (CPT), plus security detail, its going to cost him a lot of money. Not sure if he get to keep the Rolls or not, or will have to settle for an S class

Without term limits we are doomed to repeat the past.

As others have said I d hope those coming to power will improve the lives of the people.
greed follows greed,ill believe it when i see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luz493361

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.