Motorcycles

44 hours, 41 minutes (coast to coast,

That is impressive

I rode a ‘72 sportster from SanDiego up to SanFrancisco then across to Michigan in Oct of 1980 after graduation from training on Coronado Island. But that took over 3 days of hard riding with a very small fuel tank. Nevada and Utah did not have gas stations every 20 miles back then.

I’d been in San Diego so long, I forgot about the weather in the Rocky Mountains in October. riding on I 80 in the snow on a sportster is the definition of hardheaded and not so bright

Just picked up this BMW F650GS last Oct. and have spent the winter refreshing and repainting it. Looking forward to getting out on some dirt tracks and exploring. Have a packable fly rod and "backpack" style folding .410 shotgun that I will carry for some added fun.
IMG_20240127_092118057.jpg
IMG_20240127_092057967.jpg

I rode a Triumph Tiger 900 over the weekend. Have to say I was pretty impressed. A lot easier to maneuver than the big GSA and 1200 Triumph. Of course everything is a compromise....

Wife and I camping on a BMW R12RT (2-up) in 2011...
1707658927029.png

Did it several more times, this one from 2012 on our sidecar rig...
1707658983582.png

Still have a 2010 GSA that's set up for street riding the majority of the time. Unfortunately it doesn't get the exercise it should.
1707659210461.png

Yup, I'm in... been riding since almost before I could walk, dirt bikes, motocross, street... been through many, many bikes. Currently riding a 2010 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe. Doing a 7000 km trip to Newfoundland from Ontario at the end of June, after spring bear season and the annual walleye trip.

20231204_213652.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up this BMW F650GS last Oct. and have spent the winter refreshing and repainting it. Looking forward to getting out on some dirt tracks and exploring. Have a packable fly rod and "backpack" style folding .410 shotgun that I will carry for some added fun.
View attachment 586514View attachment 586515
I know a lot of people like Mercedes but bmw make a lot of cool stuff too.

44 hours, 41 minutes (coast to coast,

That is impressive

I rode a ‘72 sportster from SanDiego up to SanFrancisco then across to Michigan in Oct of 1980 after graduation from training on Coronado Island. But that took over 3 days of hard riding with a very small fuel tank. Nevada and Utah did not have gas stations every 20 miles back then.

I’d been in San Diego so long, I forgot about the weather in the Rocky Mountains in October. riding on I 80 in the snow on a sportster is the definition of hardheaded and not so bright

I remember heading back home to the U.P. from a three month trip out west on my bike and tucking my battery into my fart sack to make sure it would start my bike up in October, used a lot of those hand dryers to warm my fingers back up to being usable again as well.

View attachment 586514View attachment 586515

Nice, but if your bush trails are anything like our old logging roads, those rearview mirrors won't last long! Lol.

Started riding when I was 7 on a 3HP Briggs and Stratton mini bike. Raced a little on dirt bike tracks, had fun and desire but not the skills of the very fast guys but I gave them someone to lap on the track. Started on the street with a old kawasaki 250 and progressed up to a full dress harley. Over the years rode most everything. Did some speeds on the German Autobahn That I still shake my head at. Currently riding a Suzuki VSTROM. At this point I want to give thanks to all the guardian angels that have kept us all alive over the years.

Nice, but if your bush trails are anything like our old logging roads, those rearview mirrors won't last long! Lol.
I agree 100% but figured since they are fine, I'll just use them until I do destroy one, then I'll go to some version of the ball mount ones

64 r50/2 complete with knobbies and 12v to piss off the purists.
This one was built from a frame and 12 boxes of parts (smuggled in by sailboat in parts from the virgin islands in the 70's) in my basement from 2007-2009. I did everything but the crank, rear diff, and heads. Built to be a rider.
1000000578.jpg

1989 r100gs. Had it since 2000 from my FIL. he was a serious bmw long distance iron butt type.
I've had this tagged in 5 states and done who knows how many states and campouts.
1000000577.jpg

You guys down south won't get excited about this, but we are having a mild winter up north... usually can't get riding until mid-April, but I just did a bunch of work on the bike, added a progressive spring to the rear shock, did an Ivan's ECU Flash Tune and airbox, and NOW, we are getting rain and the Temps are going to 10*C (52*F) and sunny on Sunday... me and couple buddies are doing a ride! A full month earlier than my earliest ever... yeehaw! LONG RIDING SEASON!
20230818_192450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!