Most exellent Ross Seyfried .577 article

GeorgeGibbs505

AH senior member
Reaction score
Was just reading this thread. I believe Ross had the 416 in Tanzania. Neat rifle with a lot of articles it’s been pictured in .

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Was just reading this thread. I believe Ross had the 416 in Tanzania. Neat rifle with a lot of articles it’s been pictured in .
I know he was very fond of the Remington 700 416 RM he used on several different occasions. Kind of surprising when you think of him as a purely classic rifle type of guy. I miss his writing still. But more than that, I miss being 20 years old, which is when I first started really getting into his writing.

frog stealer

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Just saw this thread...I, like many others here absolutely devour anything that guy wrights. I love his style of writing, and this very article was a major contributor to some very expensive purchases of mine. If you didn't know already, he was a major contributor to the Double Gun and Single Shot Journal. I even have a spreadsheet that highlights out of print issues that contain articles written by him reminding me to purchase them if found on ebay, etc. I remember reading one of the articles where he references some rough times in his past...I've always wondered what he went through!

Stamp Collector

Reaction score
Ross Seyfried has been my favorite author since I was a kid in the 80’s, back when Guns & Ammo magazine was loaded with talented authors and actually had articles worth reading.
I’ve always admired his writing style and real world knowledge across a huge range of firearm and hunting topics.

geoff rath

AH fanatic
Reaction score
I presume this is the same Ross Seyfried I watched cream the World IPSC titles in Adelaide, Australia, in 1980 odd ??

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I will definiteld search out his articles. What a wonderful thing to have them all put together in one publication. If anyone can contact him please ask if this is possible - I will be the first customer!

F. Vaccaro

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for posting that article. I remember Ross & really enjoyed his writings.

Tom Leoni

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Africa, Canada, Europe
"Most excellent" and "Ross Seyfried" is a redundancy. :cool:

As far as I'm concerned he walks on water--and I'm proud and humbled to say that he has mentored me in my first steps through the complex world of Nitro For Black handloading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smtepoxyadhesive

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nevada Mike wrote on qmrp2567's profile.
375 H&H brass...

I'd like to have them. $125 for the 100 cases, don't want the smashed ones.

I am in Sonoita, AZ

Mike
We cannot wait to share in some amazing adventures with everyone in 2023 again! Please don't hesitate to message us for a quote, customized safari or even just a chat! #HuntBaylySippel
BLJC30 wrote on Tgood1's profile.
I seen a post saying that you do taxidermy in WV. Where are you located in WV and do you have a price list?
I'm going on my first safari in June.
SteveSac wrote on mdwest's profile.
Hey There,

Im looking to book my first African Safari for 2024 for my 40th birthday. I've never hunted Africa before, but was going to head to SA with my wife for a week then see her off and then stay and hunt.

Saw your safari come up as a recommendation and wondering if you had any time to chat.
Thanks!
Steve
ofbiro wrote on Theleatherman's profile.
Hi Theleatherman, I attach two price lists, one in English, one in Italian, because several words of the language used by the agent are very difficult to understand. If you get in touch with Laszlo Keresztes (owner/manager) tell him that you got the name from Paolo Sinha, italian hunter.
Suerte!