Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
My friend picked up my two person elevated hunting blind today and plans to install it on his south Texas hunting lease tomorrow.
He reports more warthog activity on his game camera and a couple of cougars. So, either he or I should have a picture of a dead Texas warthog soon.
Plus , he has pix of young warthogs, so the damn things are breeding! The Parks and Wildlife folks will not like that!

My friend picked up my two person elevated hunting blind today and plans to install it on his south Texas hunting lease tomorrow.
He reports more warthog activity on his game camera and a couple of cougars. So, either he or I should have a picture of a dead Texas warthog soon.
Plus , he has pix of young warthogs, so the damn things are breeding! The Parks and Wildlife folks will not like that!
Are you referring to actual African type warthogs or Texas pigs pretending to be warthogs? Cause, when I first saw this thread, I thought you were shopping at a Texas Wal Mart again? We have them here too!

Actual African warthogs! Likely escaped from an exotic hunting ranch. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept is not pleased as the warties have moved onto a large state game property in the Rio Grande Valley and hunters are shooting some there. This likely means the W Hogs have already crossed the shallow Rio Grande and set up shop in Mexico. Reverse illegal immigration!
PS there is another exotic game ranch in central Texas advertising warties!

Actual African warthogs! Likely escaped from an exotic hunting ranch. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept is not pleased as the warties have moved onto a large state game property in the Rio Grande Valley and hunters are shooting some there. This likely means the W Hogs have already crossed the shallow Rio Grande and set up shop in Mexico. Reverse illegal immigration!
PS there is another exotic game ranch in central Texas advertising warties!
Wow, that's crazy! They'll be all over the place pretty soon.

Awesome!!!! I live in Pennsylvania near a game farm with loose fences so I got to hunt wild boar and corsican rams right in my normal hunting areas. I consider it the best thing to happen to my particular part of PA aside from the natural gas boom a few years ago. Can't wait to see pics!!!

I posted this photo a few years back. That is South Texas and those are African Warthogs, not Texas pigs presenting to be Warthogs.

1622420156848.png

This sounds like Jurassic Park...

:cool:

HWL

So ranchers are dealing with one variety of exotic hogs destroying everything they come in contact with, and decided that bringing in another hog would be a good idea?!

So ranchers are dealing with one variety of exotic hogs destroying everything they come in contact with, and decided that bringing in another hog would be a good idea?!
Lot of ranchers make money on those "destructive" hogs lol I've never met one that actually wanted hogs to be extinct.

Lot of ranchers make money on those "destructive" hogs lol I've never met one that actually wanted hogs to be extinct.

I do. I don’t lease for hogs, I just want them all dead. If they were pure European Boars, that would be another story.

Agree...

I know several ranchers that want them eradicated..

And I personally would love to see it happen as well..

No matter what I am hunting... whether it’s deer, turkey, coyotes, or anything else... if I happen to see a hog.. it immediately becomes a hog hunt...

They need to go... ALL of them..

They’re about ten miles from our farm and moving closer. None of the landowners want them. We kill all we possibly can.

Feral hogs are the devil's spawn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg