Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
My friend picked up my two person elevated hunting blind today and plans to install it on his south Texas hunting lease tomorrow.
He reports more warthog activity on his game camera and a couple of cougars. So, either he or I should have a picture of a dead Texas warthog soon.
Plus , he has pix of young warthogs, so the damn things are breeding! The Parks and Wildlife folks will not like that!

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
My friend picked up my two person elevated hunting blind today and plans to install it on his south Texas hunting lease tomorrow.
He reports more warthog activity on his game camera and a couple of cougars. So, either he or I should have a picture of a dead Texas warthog soon.
Plus , he has pix of young warthogs, so the damn things are breeding! The Parks and Wildlife folks will not like that!
Are you referring to actual African type warthogs or Texas pigs pretending to be warthogs? Cause, when I first saw this thread, I thought you were shopping at a Texas Wal Mart again? We have them here too!

crs

AH elite
Reaction score
Website
sheltontechnologies.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
Actual African warthogs! Likely escaped from an exotic hunting ranch. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept is not pleased as the warties have moved onto a large state game property in the Rio Grande Valley and hunters are shooting some there. This likely means the W Hogs have already crossed the shallow Rio Grande and set up shop in Mexico. Reverse illegal immigration!
PS there is another exotic game ranch in central Texas advertising warties!

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Actual African warthogs! Likely escaped from an exotic hunting ranch. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept is not pleased as the warties have moved onto a large state game property in the Rio Grande Valley and hunters are shooting some there. This likely means the W Hogs have already crossed the shallow Rio Grande and set up shop in Mexico. Reverse illegal immigration!
PS there is another exotic game ranch in central Texas advertising warties!
Wow, that's crazy! They'll be all over the place pretty soon.

R.M.C.

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
U.S. and Canada
Awesome!!!! I live in Pennsylvania near a game farm with loose fences so I got to hunt wild boar and corsican rams right in my normal hunting areas. I consider it the best thing to happen to my particular part of PA aside from the natural gas boom a few years ago. Can't wait to see pics!!!

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
I posted this photo a few years back. That is South Texas and those are African Warthogs, not Texas pigs presenting to be Warthogs.

1622420156848.png

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

HWL

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway
This sounds like Jurassic Park...

:cool:

HWL

Aaron N

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
So ranchers are dealing with one variety of exotic hogs destroying everything they come in contact with, and decided that bringing in another hog would be a good idea?!

R.M.C.

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
U.S. and Canada
So ranchers are dealing with one variety of exotic hogs destroying everything they come in contact with, and decided that bringing in another hog would be a good idea?!
Lot of ranchers make money on those "destructive" hogs lol I've never met one that actually wanted hogs to be extinct.

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Lot of ranchers make money on those "destructive" hogs lol I've never met one that actually wanted hogs to be extinct.

I do. I don’t lease for hogs, I just want them all dead. If they were pure European Boars, that would be another story.

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
Agree...

I know several ranchers that want them eradicated..

And I personally would love to see it happen as well..

No matter what I am hunting... whether it’s deer, turkey, coyotes, or anything else... if I happen to see a hog.. it immediately becomes a hog hunt...

They need to go... ALL of them..

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
They’re about ten miles from our farm and moving closer. None of the landowners want them. We kill all we possibly can.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Feral hogs are the devil's spawn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaiFurnell

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
I have been looking at an option for a 505, that doesn't break the bank (that concern my have to yield), and is more in the 50-110, or 50 Alaskan range. However not easy to find a case, other than the Weatherby, of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
Hello, do you have any information on your 505 SRE cartridge. Up here in Canada, there is talk about how the various 500s may exceed the 10 000 Joule limit recently imposed. Not that they do on paper, but you never know what they may infer or claim.
Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?