More Texas warthogs!

Poison works, but kills other animals too. There has considerable research on the subject, but the hogs remain.
 
Only a leopard can stop them,....

:cool:

HWL

Now you’re talking. We need to import leopards. What could possibly go wrong? [emoji23]
 
What I'm waiting to see is a sign that reads:

"Hog Hunters Wanted
Free Food and Lodging
I'll even show you where they are"
The problem is that sign usually reads:

"Hog Hunters Wanted

$300 a day trespassing fee

You have to stay in a local motel

For another $100 per hunter I'll show you where they are"
 
The problem is that sign usually reads:

"Hog Hunters Wanted

$300 a day trespassing fee

You have to stay in a local motel

For another $100 per hunter I'll show you where they are"
And, “it’s $1.00/lb. meat processing done only by the ranch employees”.
 
The hunters will like it
@CBH
Wonder what would happen if someone introduced them here.
Me thinks the DPI would have coniption fits. The greenies would want to protect them and PETA would want people to adopt one to save them.
Hunters would love the chance to hunt them.
Bob
 
They are quite valuable so you might want to try trapping some. About $5000/each last time I saw some for sale live.
Warthogs will never be a problem in Texas. They eat grass and only have 3 little ones a year. With the predator situation like it is the numbers will not grow that large.
 
What I'm waiting to see is a sign that reads:

"Hog Hunters Wanted
Free Food and Lodging
I'll even show you where they are"
Free Food, Lodging and Ammunition!!!

:cool:

HWL
 
@CBH
Wonder what would happen if someone introduced them here.
Me thinks the DPI would have coniption fits. The greenies would want to protect them and PETA would want people to adopt one to save them.
Hunters would love the chance to hunt them.
Bob
I'm going with PETA on this one.
I could adopt a Warthog. They are Cool little critters.
At least the one in my avatar doesn't dig.
My bloody Kelpie dog does. Grrr, a good dog but gets bored when we are not traveling.
 
If I remember correctly Jack Brittingham was one of the first to bring warthogs to Texas...I also believe he got his from of all places...Disneyworld! Lol.
 
Agree...

I know several ranchers that want them eradicated..

And I personally would love to see it happen as well..

No matter what I am hunting... whether it’s deer, turkey, coyotes, or anything else... if I happen to see a hog.. it immediately becomes a hog hunt...

They need to go... ALL of them..
As a farmer and rancher, yes they all need to go. Not helping the deer or turkey in our area... NRCS approached us to run helicopters as well. Just wish they would’ve let me ride/shoot with em.

The only positive, hogs make great practice off shooting sticks. and I’m headed to RSA today!
 
Which is a part of why I moved to Alaska many long years ago... Not a perfect solution, but it works for me.
Well if it wasn't so cold.
Alaska has vast expanse of wilderness doesn't it? Who owns the wilderness?
 
I'm going with PETA on this one.
I could adopt a Warthog. They are Cool little critters.
At least the one in my avatar doesn't dig.
My bloody Kelpie dog does. Grrr, a good dog but gets bored when we are not traveling.

My buddy has one that sleeps in the house, if the door is closed on him while he is out side he will smash it open, (see reinforced panel) so can't close till he is in for he night lol !

Warthog in the house - smaller pic (2).JPG

Warthog in the house - smaller pic- (2).JPG
 
That is cool
 
Hope he is house trained. :unsure: :rolleyes:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,831
Members
169,424
Latest member
noxivamdk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top