Montana Rifle Company Model 1999 505 Gibbs

Skshyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Up for sale is a Model 1999 in 505 Gibbs. I bought this gun from a fellow member on this site. Not sure about the round count, as I only shot about 10 rounds before I realized what kind of beast this gun is. Its way too much recoil for me. I took close pics of some dings on the stock. Other then the dings in the pics the rifle is overall good condition with no feeding issues. Price is $4500 and buyer pays for shipping. I do have dies and a lot of reloading components which I will list separately.

IMG_3938.jpg
0.jpg
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3940.jpg
IMG_3941.jpg
IMG_3943.jpg
IMG_3944.jpg
IMG_3945.jpg
IMG_3946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice rifle I am having one built now but have not gotten the reloading items yet if you do want to get rid of some please let me know thanks Jeff

I am definitely gonna be jealous of who ever ends up with this. If it was not for the fact I'm 75 days out from my hunt and I need trophy fee money more than a new rifle right now I would be scooping this up. The 505 is one I have not yet owned. Beautiful rig man and good luck with the sale. Someone will enjoy this very much.

I have two, I particularly like the 525 grain TSX load clocking about 2350 fps. Flat shooting for that big a caliber and hits with real authority and makes a massive wound channel. Recoil is very manageable in the right set up;)

Have the same rifle, love it. I shot it yesterday. Great price. Backyardsmiper you can use mine.

Will be interested in the reloading components.

Thanks for the interest in the components but I do not want to part with the components unless rifle is sold. With all the love this rifle is getting I am getting kind of jealous and might keep it lol. Seeing some great deals on elephant hunts might keep this for next years hunt.

Any idea where I can get another stock for this thing ?

What did you decide?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois