Montana Rifle Company Model 1999 505 Gibbs

Skshyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Up for sale is a Model 1999 in 505 Gibbs. I bought this gun from a fellow member on this site. Not sure about the round count, as I only shot about 10 rounds before I realized what kind of beast this gun is. Its way too much recoil for me. I took close pics of some dings on the stock. Other then the dings in the pics the rifle is overall good condition with no feeding issues. Price is $4500 and buyer pays for shipping. I do have dies and a lot of reloading components which I will list separately.

IMG_3938.jpg
0.jpg
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3940.jpg
IMG_3941.jpg
IMG_3943.jpg
IMG_3944.jpg
IMG_3945.jpg
IMG_3946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice rifle I am having one built now but have not gotten the reloading items yet if you do want to get rid of some please let me know thanks Jeff

I am definitely gonna be jealous of who ever ends up with this. If it was not for the fact I'm 75 days out from my hunt and I need trophy fee money more than a new rifle right now I would be scooping this up. The 505 is one I have not yet owned. Beautiful rig man and good luck with the sale. Someone will enjoy this very much.

I have two, I particularly like the 525 grain TSX load clocking about 2350 fps. Flat shooting for that big a caliber and hits with real authority and makes a massive wound channel. Recoil is very manageable in the right set up;)

Have the same rifle, love it. I shot it yesterday. Great price. Backyardsmiper you can use mine.

Will be interested in the reloading components.

Thanks for the interest in the components but I do not want to part with the components unless rifle is sold. With all the love this rifle is getting I am getting kind of jealous and might keep it lol. Seeing some great deals on elephant hunts might keep this for next years hunt.

Any idea where I can get another stock for this thing ?

What did you decide?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg