Monster sable!

Well Tap... Just gotta say I'm green with envy. Absolutely beautiful animal. Bruce

Hi Tap,

Congratulations !!!!! that is a massive sable you bagged there ..... thanks for sharing..

Monish

here are a few pics of some more sable I saw while hunting with phil for my sable.

The one picture of the sable through the spotting scope lived on top of a mountain for some reason and never would leave the peak. We figured he was of the mountain sable species lol. I really wanted to shoot this guy because I thought he was so pretty but phil assured me he was to young to shoot and needed to be left for breeding. I know he's not a monster but he was just so dern beautiful.

The picture of the sable standing broadside is the sable I begged phil to let me shoot and he wouldn't I told him to name is price and he said my quota is full. That's when I booked a hunt for next year. Talk about a man that sticks to his guns. Funny thing is that this isn't the only sable near this size that I saw.

Attachments

• mountainsable.jpg
    mountainsable.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 123
  • big sable.jpg
    big sable.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 137
tap, beautiful sable, and nicely told. Just goes to show: at the end of the day you have to make a judgement call, and then stick with it. As for the other sables, seems to me like fishing: the one that got away is always bigger. But is he...? Anyway, I'm glad you had such a great hunt.

really? i even got a picture of the one that got awat. you dont think he could go 70 or 80 inches and blow away the new world record? i think he would have also field dressed out at about 1300 lbs. and as far as fising goes i dont follow you since i dont fish but it sounds like fishermen have a lying problem. i guess i wouldnt make a good fisherman since i dont lie or stretch the truth.

here are a few pics of some more sable I saw while hunting with phil for my sable.

The one picture of the sable through the spotting scope lived on top of a mountain for some reason and never would leave the peak. We figured he was of the mountain sable species lol. I really wanted to shoot this guy because I thought he was so pretty but phil assured me he was to young to shoot and needed to be left for breeding. I know he's not a monster but he was just so dern beautiful.

The picture of the sable standing broadside is the sable I begged phil to let me shoot and he wouldn't I told him to name is price and he said my quota is full. That's when I booked a hunt for next year. Talk about a man that sticks to his guns. Funny thing is that this isn't the only sable near this size that I saw.

OK what time are you booked for next year I need to be there one week before you.LOL Great Pics and if you have pics of the one that got away and he's bigger then this one! Then you were pulling the wrong trigger, rifle not camera.

Stinky

had no idea you were on this site.. Again, great bull. I am giving this place serious consideration for my Zambia trip next year.
COngrats, amigo.

wow, when it rains it pours. and yes I'm on this site. I like it much better than **NOT**PERMITTED**. The people on this site have a lot more class than those cry babies on **NOT**PERMITTED**. I pretty much stay on this site now and don't venture over to the dark side much these days.

The actual guy that books this place is shavesgreen. He is one of the guys that responded to this thread previously. The best thing about him is that he does paypal. He's the first african guy I've dealt with that does it. I tried to talk my current ph into using it but he refuses so next year I will be using shavesgreen and someone else for the second part of my hunt. I haven't isolated the second party but pay pal and monster male leopards are the items I am looking for.

At least at this point I think I am booking with charles. Im trying to set up a date but am not hearing anything back from them yet so we will see.

Yea, I rarely venture over there at all anymore either.

Thanks for the info.. I'll def touch base with Shavesgreen. I booked my cape buff hunt off this site last year so I can say I have had good success thus far off the site!

Since I last spoke with you about this hunt, I may have to put this hunt off a bit longer.. I may have stumbled myself into going to the Selous in Tanzania for 21 days next Oct on a deal I just cannot say no to! Time will soon tell if the hunt will pan out for us. It may end up being the hunt of my lifetime.

Nonetheless, I am keeping this one on a tight rope. I want a BIG sable and it seems that this place has it in spades. Do you know if Phil will be at the SCI show in Vegas this coming year?

I'm pretty sure phil will be there. I believe he's one of the chairmen of the PHAZ so he usually goes to support the zambia ph's.

and if you've found some sort of awesome hunt in tanzania you better be giving me a heads up! I haven't booked my leopard hunt just yet ya know!

really? i even got a picture of the one that got awat. you dont think he could go 70 or 80 inches and blow away the new world record? i think he would have also field dressed out at about 1300 lbs. and as far as fising goes i dont follow you since i dont fish but it sounds like fishermen have a lying problem. i guess i wouldnt make a good fisherman since i dont lie or stretch the truth.

Tap, My sincere apologies if I offended you, that was never my intention. English is not my native language, and sometimes I seem to express myself wrong. I never meant to imply that you were not truthful! What I was trying to say was that by your description you shot a magnificent animal under difficult circumstances, and that it would be sad if your joy about that was spoiled by the knowledge that there may have been a bigger one around. I personally hunt for the joy of it, and a hunt like your had would make me very happy indeed. Again, my apologies if I offended.

Imm
Dying laughing here. I keep forgetting this site is international and that a joke may be difficult to explain to other cultures. You didn't even come close to offending me. I know exactly how fishermen are. They always lie about the one that got away. I then made comments about my
Sable that got away by throwing out some huge lies that I thought were obvious and then I claimed I never lie. In English it's called sarcasm and I humor myself all the time with it. Sorry to worry you but I'm the most easy going guy you've ever met. It's nearly impossible to offend me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg