Mogambo

They might not have been able to get very far into it without just having to turn it off........like I did.
 
Lee Marvin was in a pretty decent movie set in Africa, it was set in east Africa during WW I, can’t remember the title though.
 
Lee Marvin was in a pretty decent movie set in Africa, it was set in east Africa during WW I, can’t remember the title though.
Shout at the Devil - 1976 Also with Roger Moore
I thought it was pretty bad. :E Shrug:
 
Mogambo is ok - I found it is like Hatari (very similar plot only with dueling heroines) and without the humor and charm. However, Ava Gardner is excellent in it.
 
The one thing I remember about Shout at the Devil was at the end in the disclaimers that “no animals were harmed in the making of this film”. I’ve only personally seen 1 elephant shot but those elephant at the beginning of that film were definitely shot. The clips may have come from a culling that was filmed and not done during the filming of the movie but they were just as dead.
 
The one thing I remember about Shout at the Devil was at the end in the disclaimers that “no animals were harmed in the making of this film”. I’ve only personally seen 1 elephant shot but those elephant at the beginning of that film were definitely shot. The clips may have come from a culling that was filmed and not done during the filming of the movie but they were just as dead.

I saw some people complaining on YT movie , probably limp wrist brits that the elephant hunt in movie made them feel so ill they had to turn the movie off . They didn’t get to see much of the movie .


Owe I wish they had made a movie about Bell .
 
Just got done watching for the first time. What a great film. While my African hunts have been great adventures. Nothing like that and I have never had two hot babes fighting over me.
 
Turner Classic Movies looks like it’s having an African themed movie day tomorrow. If anyone is interested, many I’ve never heard of so they may not be any good.
 
Lee Marvin was in a pretty decent movie set in Africa, it was set in east Africa during WW I, can’t remember the title though.

If it's the low budget film I'm thinking of IIRC: the Commandos(?), or something like that.

A TV show of the 1960's(?)....DAKTARI(?)

It was about an animal rescue center(?).... my favorite was Clarence the cross-eyed lion.

Growing up if the movie or TV show had any mention of Africa I most likely watched it....at least once. Except for the previously mentioned remakes.
 
Just got done watching for the first time. What a great film. While my African hunts have been great adventures. Nothing like that and I have never had two hot babes fighting over me.

+1 :(....:ROFLMAO:
 
If it's the low budget film I'm thinking of IIRC: the Commandos(?), or something like that.

A TV show of the 1960's(?)....DAKTARI(?)

It was about an animal rescue center(?).... my favorite was Clarence the cross-eyed lion.

Growing up if the movie or TV show had any mention of Africa I most likely watched it....at least once. Except for the previously mentioned remakes.
Loved Daktari as a kid. My favorite character was Paula (Cheryl Miller). Just saying.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,745
Members
169,612
Latest member
CooperChee
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top