Model 70 SE scope mounts

Too late ??
I have !
1 - Winch 70 SE .375 H&H
Warne !!! N O P R O B L E M !
20130728_072216.jpg
20130728_072348.jpg
Scope Leupold Var X II 3-9x40 ... not so bad.
Leupold QRW !!! N O P R O B L E M
!WINCH .jpg
Scope Hawke Indurence 30 IR 1.25-4.5x24

2 Winch 70 SE .416RM
20130618_100104.jpg
Scope Leupold VarX III 1.5-5x20

Cheers .
 
Finally put together! Warne sent the .854" extension base to me for no charge.


watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
looks good and price is definitely right
 
OK ! That's alright.

Good looking and ... very very good rifle so ...
 
Phoenix Phil, it was my understanding that the QD levers were supposed to be mounted as you have them. 1) the levers won't dig into your back & 2) you won't accidentally move the levers while slung against your back.

Am I missing something?
 
Mounted on my Win 70 SE .416RM is a Leupold 2-7x33 in Leupold QD low rings on top of Leupold QD bases. No drama loading the magazine or ejecting cases. Absolute return to zero when taken off and put back on.
 

Attachments

  • P6030073.jpg
    P6030073.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 405
Mounted on my Win 70 SE .416RM is a Leupold 2-7x33 in Leupold QD low rings on top of Leupold QD bases. No drama loading the magazine or ejecting cases. Absolute return to zero when taken off and put back on.
Nice looking setup and a very nice looking Eland.
 
Phoenix Phil, it was my understanding that the QD levers were supposed to be mounted as you have them. 1) the levers won't dig into your back & 2) you won't accidentally move the levers while slung against your back.

Am I missing something?

You have a point that I hadn't thought about. I was only a bit bothered by having more "stuff" on the right to impede quick reloading. I could see in a pressure situation where you'd want the right side to be as clear as possible.

I think if you've got the levers tightened properly they're not going to move when bumping against your back, but I could see where that would be uncomfortable. I'm going to have to try that out.
 
You have a point that I hadn't thought about. I was only a bit bothered by having more "stuff" on the right to impede quick reloading. I could see in a pressure situation where you'd want the right side to be as clear as possible.

I think if you've got the levers tightened properly they're not going to move when bumping against your back, but I could see where that would be uncomfortable. I'm going to have to try that out.

I've read both. My scope will be in later this week. I plan to mount it both ways and see which seems most appropriate. If there is any way I will hit the quick detach levers while working bolt, I will definitely keep them on the left to avoid that mishap.
 
I've read both. My scope will be in later this week. I plan to mount it both ways and see which seems most appropriate. If there is any way I will hit the quick detach levers while working bolt, I will definitely keep them on the left to avoid that mishap.

I doubt you have any issue with the bolt. And you won't have any issues dropping shells into the magazine. My thinking was only when you're trying to rush a bit, I could see where you could catch the levers bringing the bullet up to the magazine, causing you to drop the round.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,240
Members
169,298
Latest member
MiloSchube
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top