Mike from Iowa

welcome welcome welcome

enjoy the hunt
 
Hello and welcome to AH!!!
 
Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.
 
Welcome Mike! And congrats on pulling the trigger to book that hunt:)
 
Welcome aboard Mike! Congratulations on getting it booked. Enjoy and we'll be looking forward to hearing about it.
 
Mike,
First, welcome to AH, there are some fine hunters here and I'm sure you will enjoy being a member.

Second, congrats on booking your first hunt, I hope you enjoy it and have many more. I see from your post that you have waited a wee bit for this hunt, as we all have.

I would respectfully recommend you have a chat with your Professional Hunter early on to ensure no silly surprises. As an example, many years ago I had a successful Elephant hunt in Tanzania, this had been a life long dream at the time, something I had planned for and dreamed about often. In the thousands of times I had rehearsed and planned for this experience in my mind, none of them included my PH screaming and cursing at the top of his lungs at one of his staff, about 10 seconds after I killed my elephant. While that behavior is the gross exception to all of my other hunts, I can never get that 1st elephant experience back.

Obviously, had I been intelligent enough to ensure my PH understood the importance of this hunt to me, I would have a completely different memory of it today.

Again, welcome and congratulations on your pending hunt.
 
Welcome aboard Mike. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Will your wife be hunting with you or just "observing?"
 
Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.
If there is a way we can be of help to you please feel free to call or send us a message.
 
Welcome! You and your wife will absolutely love Namibia. Chilly mornings and night the time of year you are going, but sunny clear skies and hunting in shirt sleaves by midday.
 
Welcome aboard, it does not matter how long it takes to get there, all that really matters is that you are finally going. I feel sorry for the poor souls that never realize their dreams of Africa, they truly miss out on something special! Congratulations and shoot straight.
 
Hi Mike, I just joined up, from Iowa as well!
 
Welcome, I’ve got several friends up in the Salix area
 
Congrats Mike, welcome to AH, have a great hunt!
 
Go Mike go ! Got my third trip planned in September with my son for Buffalo. You learn about hunting in Africa every time you go. This group is a sure way to learn in pronto time.
Have a question, just ask!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,540
Latest member
NonaG07838
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top