Mike from Iowa

welcome welcome welcome

enjoy the hunt

Hello and welcome to AH!!!

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.

Welcome Mike! And congrats on pulling the trigger to book that hunt:)

Welcome aboard Mike! Congratulations on getting it booked. Enjoy and we'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

Mike,
First, welcome to AH, there are some fine hunters here and I'm sure you will enjoy being a member.

Second, congrats on booking your first hunt, I hope you enjoy it and have many more. I see from your post that you have waited a wee bit for this hunt, as we all have.

I would respectfully recommend you have a chat with your Professional Hunter early on to ensure no silly surprises. As an example, many years ago I had a successful Elephant hunt in Tanzania, this had been a life long dream at the time, something I had planned for and dreamed about often. In the thousands of times I had rehearsed and planned for this experience in my mind, none of them included my PH screaming and cursing at the top of his lungs at one of his staff, about 10 seconds after I killed my elephant. While that behavior is the gross exception to all of my other hunts, I can never get that 1st elephant experience back.

Obviously, had I been intelligent enough to ensure my PH understood the importance of this hunt to me, I would have a completely different memory of it today.

Again, welcome and congratulations on your pending hunt.

Welcome aboard Mike. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Will your wife be hunting with you or just "observing?"

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.
If there is a way we can be of help to you please feel free to call or send us a message.

Welcome! You and your wife will absolutely love Namibia. Chilly mornings and night the time of year you are going, but sunny clear skies and hunting in shirt sleaves by midday.

Welcome aboard, it does not matter how long it takes to get there, all that really matters is that you are finally going. I feel sorry for the poor souls that never realize their dreams of Africa, they truly miss out on something special! Congratulations and shoot straight.

Hi Mike, I just joined up, from Iowa as well!

Welcome, I’ve got several friends up in the Salix area

Congrats Mike, welcome to AH, have a great hunt!

Go Mike go ! Got my third trip planned in September with my son for Buffalo. You learn about hunting in Africa every time you go. This group is a sure way to learn in pronto time.
Have a question, just ask!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!