Merkel 140 grip cap?

M Whitley

AH veteran
Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
182
Reaction score
1,074
Location
Missouri, USA
Media
124
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
3
Member of
DSC, SCI, DRC
Hunted
RSA 2x, Namibia, Tanzania 2x, Botswana, Zambia 2x, Spain, Canada, Cameroon
Ok guys bought my first double, a Merkel 140 Safari in 470 NE

Baffles me they put a plastic cap on the grip! Has anyone replaced this to match the rest of the gun? Or do you all know where to start on getting this done? Besides that the gun shoots great and is a lot of fun. It just bothers me they would put a plastic cap on this rifle. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.
IMG_0346.JPG
 
Ok guys bought my first double, a Merkel 140 Safari in 470 NE

Baffles me they put a plastic cap on the grip! Has anyone replaced this to match the rest of the gun? Or do you all know where to start on getting this done? Besides that the gun shoots great and is a lot of fun. It just bothers me they would put a plastic cap on this rifle. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. View attachment 328244
Newer models have this cap with plastic insert. You have to buy whatever you want to put into it. Same cap on Blaser will fit the Merkel. Gunbroker has a wide selection or if you need a specific send me PM.
20200116_135203.jpeg
 
Newer models have this cap with plastic insert. You have to buy whatever you want to put into it. Same cap on Blaser will fit the Merkel. Gunbroker has a wide selection or if you need a specific send me PM.View attachment 328256

what do you put in the search on gunbroker to find these?
 
Ok guys bought my first double, a Merkel 140 Safari in 470 NE

Baffles me they put a plastic cap on the grip! Has anyone replaced this to match the rest of the gun? Or do you all know where to start on getting this done? Besides that the gun shoots great and is a lot of fun. It just bothers me they would put a plastic cap on this rifle. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. View attachment 328244

congrats on the Merkel. I have the same one
 
/snicker...I lost my grip-cap a long time ago. I just haven’t bothered to replace it.

Which only tells me one real thing: it’s kind of expected to replace the cap with something personalized in some way. Like that Cape Buff you really wanted to hunt. :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,376
Members
169,345
Latest member
HyeFabela5
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top