Mauser Oberndorf 9.3x62

It would be a cardinal sin to alter a beautiful little gem like that . Leave it unmolested , please . Original Mauser Oberndorf bolt rifle actions are true rarities . My former client , the late Tom Bolack ( Governor of New Mexico , at the time ) used to own a beautiful Mauser Oberndorf bolt rifle , which had been re barrelled to .30-06 Springfield calibre . It was a really beautiful rifle .

beautiful
Stopped by the Gunsmith today to drop off more work and check on the status of my 9,3. Getting there now and starting to look like a rifle. Amazing how much better a custom built to fit stock feels on a rifle. Couple more months and she will be at home

View attachment 274018

Last edited by a moderator:
Do whatever blows yer skirt up, you have the right stuff to work with...I personally would dress it up with iron sights, and QD tallesy and a 3X Leupold, steel butt platd or leather covered recoil pad, schnable forend and side panals, full or quarter rib, 4 down and one up the snout..something on that order anyway...Its one of my favorite calibers btw..the 286 Nosler or 300 gr swift at 2400 fps is death and destruction on the biggest ones.

Whats the status on this beutiful rifle? Is it finished yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg