Mathews Vertix

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Anyone have one? If so, mind throwing down a high level review?

I’m considering one, but want to do my due diligence and ask around.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have the Vertix, but shoot the Triax. Practically the same bow, except that the Vertix has a 30" Axle to Axle length, where the Triax is 28"
Have only heard positive feedback on the Vertix. Just do it.

What are you shooting at the moment?

Spend some time at your local pro shop and shoot it and others and compare, what's good for one might not be for someone else!

Just depends on how it feels in your hand. Just about every bow made now days are great. To me Mathews bows mass weight is to much for me and not fast enough

Spend some time at your local pro shop and shoot it and others and compare, what's good for one might not be for someone else!

Agree. You have to shoot them and find out what you like. Most are good. Ignore all brand names.

Every new bow is the greatest thing going at first and it's amazing how that changes after things cool down a bit. So far I haven't heard much one way or the next on the Vertix. If you have a few months of patience wait until after the summer outdoor shoot season. By then you, I, and others will have seen more than one and hear the good and bad. At a grand or so to buy something new it's worth it. And I'd walk into a shop and test shoot one and maybe a couple others.

Last edited:
They are sweet shooting bows.

I still shoot a Halon 6. It’s a death wagon

Quiet, fast, everything dies

When I get a new bow it will be s Mathews.

IMG_1577.jpg

I just bought one and have been really impressed. I shot every bow in the shop and it chose me. Balances well and is the quietest bow I’ve ever shot. I’m running the 75lb mods and they feel like 70lb on most bows. My past 3 bows have been Hoyts so I went out of my comfort zone and so far I’ve been really happy with it.

Thanks for all the replies. I currently shoot a Mathews monster safari as well as a bowtech insanity. I understand the concept of shooting every bow to determine what feels right, but it’s nice to get some high level feedback prior to making a 145 mile round trip to the bow shop.

I was in the market for a new bow for a buff/hippo hunt in Zambia this year. I took my new 950gr Grizzly stik arrows to the pro shop and shot them through most of the bows. I had no real prejudice going in on bow make/model but had the Hoyt Helix and Mathews Vertix as my top choices for a DG bow. After Shooting and chronographing all the bows the Vertix was my favourite. Everyone is different but I like the dead in the hand feel and how quiet the Vertix shoots. Speed was not my number one, or even number 2 criteria with a new bow but with my draw length, 27'', the 950 gr Grizzly stiks shot equal to the 80#(82# actual) Hoyt Helix. The 75# Vertix was actually 78# on the scale. Draw cycle on the Vertix is ultra smooth IMO compared to others.

What speed were you getting with the 950 grizzly sticks ?

I was in the market for a new bow for a buff/hippo hunt in Zambia this year. I took my new 950gr Grizzly stik arrows to the pro shop and shot them through most of the bows. I had no real prejudice going in on bow make/model but had the Hoyt Helix and Mathews Vertix as my top choices for a DG bow. After Shooting and chronographing all the bows the Vertix was my favourite. Everyone is different but I like the dead in the hand feel and how quiet the Vertix shoots. Speed was not my number one, or even number 2 criteria with a new bow but with my draw length, 27'', the 950 gr Grizzly stiks shot equal to the 80#(82# actual) Hoyt Helix. The 75# Vertix was actually 78# on the scale. Draw cycle on the Vertix is ultra smooth IMO compared to others.
Man that will be awesome hunt. Something I have wanted to do for 20 or so years. May God bless you with two good arrows

I have a Vertix ... I traded my Triax and I am not sorry at all. It shoots fabulous and is so quiet. Took on a few hunts and got a wildebeest

If you are wanting to trade up give the Vertix a serious look

Dang. I'm still killing stuff with my old Switchback..............

I have a Switchback XT and it's still doing the job.

As far as I am concerned Mathews is in a class all their own. I say this as one who came from the longbow and knew nothing of the compound world. Several years ago I blew out my shoulder shooting my 70# Howard Hill (long, sad story behind that one, involving a 160-class whitetail buck). I had to switch to a compound for a while and so went out trying several. I settled on a Switchback. Up until then I'd shot may be a dozen or so compound bows of various makes at the local pro shops. Upon first release with the Switchback I was sold. Done deal. Game over. And, the bows they put out have only gotten better. I'm shooting longbows again but if I went back to a compound it'd be a Mathews and, quite likely, were it today, it'd be the Vertix. I've heard so much good about that bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,