Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA, Hungary
Due to a cancellation we are offering a management elephant bull hunt in 2023.

1687158193949.png

The hunt is priced at US$17,500 (10 hunting days and 2 travel days plus non-exportable trophy).

Should the hunter wish to export the trophy an additional US$10,000 would be payable for a trophy with tusks up to 35 pounds (heaviest side), and an additional US$15,000 for a trophy with tusks over 35 pounds (heaviest side).

The reason for the price increase is that different quota fees apply to management and exportable trophies.

Ideal dates would be between 24 June and 20 July, or between 14 September and 13 October. Alternate dates can be put forward for consideration.

The hunt will take place in Sobbe or Balyerwa Conservancy, depending on the dates agreed on and whether the hunter opts to hunt an exportable or non-exportable bull.

Karl Stumpfe (depending on dates) or a freelance PH who knows the areas well, will guide the hunt.

Contact Karl on WhatsApp on +264811285416 or email admin@huntingsafaris.net.

What a deal

I agree, nice deal on a management elephant hunt. Good Luck with the offer.

HH

I am just a dumb farm boy, but I will be sozzled if I can imagine why I would pay the big end of $20k to shoot an animal that I can not bring the trophy home.
Bring your abuse, tell me what a troglodyte I am, but I just truly don't get it.
If I can't eat it, I AT LEAST want to be able to look at it.

I am just a dumb farm boy, but I will be sozzled if I can imagine why I would pay the big end of $20k to shoot an animal that I can not bring the trophy home.
Bring your abuse, tell me what a troglodyte I am, but I just truly don't get it.
An offer is not the place for a debate. Start your own thread and I am sure someone will bite.

Hmm IDK maybe for the experience and the memories? If you have the means why not?

Then pony up a bit more and do one of the other two options he offers…This is a great opportunity to help with conservation and take home a lifetime of memories AS WELL AS the option to pay more and “be able to look at it.”

For what its worth - My framed pictures on the walls get a more nostalgic nod in capturing the memory than my mounts decorating my walls…

I had once a guest, a German businessman and avid hunter, with a great passion for Africa. He never took trophies back home. His way is enjoy the adventure, make good pictures to boost the memories and don't bother with all the logistics of trophy shipping and import. He hunted antelopes all over Africa, some dangerous game, too, but claimed that he didn't bring home one single trophy.
I guess to each his own. But the older I get, the more I understand his position on that.

Then pony up a bit more and do one of the other two options he offers…This is a great opportunity to help with conservation and take home a lifetime of memories AS WELL AS the option to pay more and “be able to look at it.”

For what its worth - My framed pictures on the walls get a more nostalgic nod in capturing the memory than my mounts decorating my walls…
Absolutely! I did a Rhino Dart & it's the most exciting & unique experience I've had. I'm having a 3-D skull with measurements, scars & Hand Painted to match the Big-Fella's exact appearance.

I had once a guest, a German businessman and avid hunter, with a great passion for Africa. He never took trophies back home. His way is enjoy the adventure, make good pictures to boost the memories and don't bother with all the logistics of trophy shipping and import. He hunted antelopes all over Africa, some dangerous game, too, but claimed that he didn't bring home one single trophy.
I guess to each his own. But the older I get, the more I understand his position on that.
I'm a younger hunter, but this makes sense. I had a nice - silver medallion - fallow deer full shoulder mounted a couple of years ago, and looking back, I regret the full mount. Too much space, and the hunt was not memorable - he showed up and boom, one shot at 50 some yards. A euro skull mount would have been perfect.

Looking forward, maybe a really nice buffalo horns-only mount. Otherwise, why spend the money on trophies, when great photos are so easy to take? I'd rather have the memories of x2 hunts with no trophies and a camp rifle than x1 with a slew of mounts and a sexy double. To each his own, but the memories can't be bought.

I hunted a management bull with Karl in 2021. Highly recommend!! I had a set of replica tusks made for $600 in Africa. Except for the weight you can't tell them apart. Zero regrets......
My next hunt may very well be a non trophy bull elephant.

I hunted a management bull with Karl in 2021. Highly recommend!! I had a set of replica tusks made for $600 in Africa. Except for the weight you can't tell them apart. Zero regrets......
Who did your replica tusks if you don’t mind sharing?

Then man up, make a deal at $45k and take home whatever you would like?

The fact that you are unwilling or incapable of taking down any of the offered bills is not a reason to pour cold water on one of our respected vendors’ posts. Btw, I am not post police, just my take that this is a good offer, all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.