Love the site...

Christian

Reaction score
Website
www.canteringcaterer.com
Member of
NRA
Been lurking forever... Love the forum. Learned a lot from posters... Hope I can contribute as I plan my first African hunt - early stages so thoughts and ideas are welcome. Thanks!

Welcome aboard Christian.

nd

Hey Christian - what are your plans so far mate?
Have you chosen a country and the species that are important to you on this hunt?
Are you planning to hunt ranches or are you heading out to the "back country"?
This might determine where and what you hunt.
Enjoy this time - this is the fun and zero pressure part of your safari: you haven't parted with any money and at this point in time you don't have to "make your shot count." But deep down inside, you know that in the not-too-distant future you will be hunting in Africa!
Pretty exciting stuff!!

Welcome to AH Christian! schembridan has brought up some good questions. Also when are you planning to go and did you set a budget?

Thanks so much! Just started the planning and I'm hoping to go in 2011. Researching areas now... Don't know my budget but I am realistic - same with location. Love any thoughts.

Christian, if I were planning my first safari and had some budget constraints - then I would go to South Africa for 6 days.
I would spend the first three days hunting some of the more common plains game where you are most likely to enjoy some success - species such as blesbok, impala, springbok and wildebeest.
Then I would dedicate the second three days to hunting some of the naturally occurring species, so that you get a taste of hunting wild Africa. So species such as bushbuck, reedbuck and bushpig would be my pick.
If you have more time and money, stay longer! If you want a "real" plains game hunt then maybe go after sable in Zimbabwe and stay on to chase a few more antelope. Truly wild and free animals are earned and you'll treasure the experience.

Welcome to the forum Christian.

When planning a hunt the most important thing to consider when you are thinking about where to hunt would be what your target species are and to what areas are they native.

There is no better thing that to hunt a animal in its native habitat personally I feel that it contributes to the quality of the hunt.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me If I can be of help.

Best Regards

Louis van Bergen

Where in Africa and when are you planning to hunt? It's always good to start early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois