Love the site...

Christian

Reaction score
Website
www.canteringcaterer.com
Member of
NRA
Been lurking forever... Love the forum. Learned a lot from posters... Hope I can contribute as I plan my first African hunt - early stages so thoughts and ideas are welcome. Thanks!

ndbwhnter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA, South Africa
Welcome aboard Christian.

nd

daggaboyblog

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.daggaboyblog.com.au
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Peninsular Firearms Academy
Hunted
Australia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malta
Hey Christian - what are your plans so far mate?
Have you chosen a country and the species that are important to you on this hunt?
Are you planning to hunt ranches or are you heading out to the "back country"?
This might determine where and what you hunt.
Enjoy this time - this is the fun and zero pressure part of your safari: you haven't parted with any money and at this point in time you don't have to "make your shot count." But deep down inside, you know that in the not-too-distant future you will be hunting in Africa!
Pretty exciting stuff!!

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Welcome to AH Christian! schembridan has brought up some good questions. Also when are you planning to go and did you set a budget?

Christian

Reaction score
Website
www.canteringcaterer.com
Member of
NRA
Thanks so much! Just started the planning and I'm hoping to go in 2011. Researching areas now... Don't know my budget but I am realistic - same with location. Love any thoughts.

daggaboyblog

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.daggaboyblog.com.au
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Peninsular Firearms Academy
Hunted
Australia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malta
Christian, if I were planning my first safari and had some budget constraints - then I would go to South Africa for 6 days.
I would spend the first three days hunting some of the more common plains game where you are most likely to enjoy some success - species such as blesbok, impala, springbok and wildebeest.
Then I would dedicate the second three days to hunting some of the naturally occurring species, so that you get a taste of hunting wild Africa. So species such as bushbuck, reedbuck and bushpig would be my pick.
If you have more time and money, stay longer! If you want a "real" plains game hunt then maybe go after sable in Zimbabwe and stay on to chase a few more antelope. Truly wild and free animals are earned and you'll treasure the experience.

LouisB

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI and PHASA
Hunted
South Africa and Zambia
Welcome to the forum Christian.

When planning a hunt the most important thing to consider when you are thinking about where to hunt would be what your target species are and to what areas are they native.

There is no better thing that to hunt a animal in its native habitat personally I feel that it contributes to the quality of the hunt.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me If I can be of help.

Best Regards

Louis van Bergen

dwerner

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Where in Africa and when are you planning to hunt? It's always good to start early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwmwsdjg

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.