Loose knee replacement

Rickmt

AH fanatic
Joined
Nov 23, 2017
Messages
946
Reaction score
1,790
Location
Belgrade, MT
Media
92
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, NZ, Montana, Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, south dakota
I am looking to find out if anyone here has had an issue with loose knee replacements. I have had a partial replacement that was loose in 3 years and now I have a full replacement that is painful in 2 years.
Usual pattern is after a hike or a brief dig with a shovel the next day the knee swells and is painful and tight .
The surgeon who did the 2nd replacement said the cement was bad in the first
After multiple tests the results lean toward towards another loose replacement!
This has been going on since 2017 when I had the first replacement done.
Appreciate any input anybody might have.
I have an appointment with the Center for Special Surgery in West palm beach as I am here for winter and it my understanding that these people are the absolute best for this situation.
This really crimps my hunting !
 
 
Hi Rickmt,
An x-ray evaluation by a qualified orthopedist will tell you quickly if the any of the components are loose.
 
I have had X-rays , MRI’s, and bone scans with contrast and in all cases they lean towards another loose knee replacement.
 
Incredibly impressive!
They are the orthopedic surgeons of a number of pro sports teams and the US Ski team.

They are just up the road from me.
 
My wife had a knee replacement 10 years ago, her surgeon recommended a cementless procedure, although it would take longer to heal the implant would be less likely to have long term problems such as slipping. I’m sure procedures have changed greatly since then but this has worked well for my spouse.
 
My wife had a knee replacement 10 years ago, her surgeon recommended a cementless procedure, although it would take longer to heal the implant would be less likely to have long term problems such as slipping. I’m sure procedures have changed greatly since then but this has worked well for my spouse.

I have heard about that and I will discuss with Dr on march 13. Thanx Jeff
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,456
Messages
1,576,712
Members
170,621
Latest member
Tahlia4073
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top