Looking For CZ 9.3x62

I see I misread, the 2300 fps is WRT the Barnes TSX. But I also see the 300 grain A-Frame is .375, the 9.3mm A-Frame is 286 grains.

If you want high BC in a 9.3mm bullet around 232 grains, the 9.3mm 230 grain Norma Ecostrike looks worth considering. Published BC = 0.42 FWIW vs the 232 grain Oryx BC = .267

I keep forgetting about Woodleigh bullets as an alternative.

Geco publishes BC = 0.398 for their 9.3mm 255 grain Express bullet, but I have no idea where that bullet or Geco 9.3X62mm factory ammo is readily available. The web site of site sponsor Safariammo.net has been different the past month or so, with almost nothing advertised being available in stock, and the word "Kaolia" which I have no idea if that means anything in any language now appearing there. I hope it's just a web site issue and not an indication Safariammo.net is having other business difficulties.

Last edited:
I misread again looking at Swift factory ammo vs Swift component bullets.

Has anyone heard anything more from the OP?

I have a CZ 550 LUX. Not for sale. But I run 286 partitions @ 2550fps with 59grs of Varget. No pressure and 3/4 " groups. Don't recommend this for anyone else's gun but works fine in mine.
200 fps over a std loading for that weight. 4130 ft/lbs of ME. No pressure? Sounds like a ballistic miracle!:eek::rolleyes: Have you run that load over a chrono?
According to Hodgdons, that load will net you 2350fps.
Noslers book shows 55.5 grs as MAX, for 2360

Two chrony's . Magneto speed and shooting chrony. Some of the cases have been used 3 times and still reloadable. As far as relying on Nosler try their loads for a 175gr. in a 28 Nosler. Just make sure you start on the low charge.

Cabelas has the Ruger African in that caliber right now on clearance I believe.

FWIW the OP told me he was seriously interested in purchasing my NIB Zastava 9.3X62mm right handed rifle on Sat Jan 25, and requested I let him know my asking price. I sent him all info including asking price and that shipping and shipping insurance costs would all be on his dime, and the existing photos I had stored on my phone from the party I purchased my rifle from. Eventually all was sent via text messaging to deliver the photos promptly without having to take time to modify the file sizes before transmitting or uploading them. Gmaail choked on the photos and uploading them to this forum just for the OP would've been a PITA.

The OP requested additional photos (with bolt installed, closeups of the iron sights, etc). I told the OP those would require taking the rifle out of the box, the bolt was (intelligently) not installed by the party I purchased the rifle from as prep for shipment, and was still wrapped up seperately with the rifle in the factory box, thus some work was required to take and send more photos, so he needed to be honestly interested in purchasing the rifle to justify taking everything out of the box etc to take the requested photos. The OP responded he was honestly interested in purchasing the rifle.

I'd picked my wife up at the airport Fri evening after she'd been in the Seattle area all last week on business travel. We'd both been kicking back having a relaxing Sat evening. I had my wife (who's a much better photographer than I've ever been or will be) help me out and we took and sent all the requested photos promptly Sat evening including showing the receiver being factory D&T for scope bases and all factory markings. I also sent the manufacturer's web link, as well as links for aftermarket stuff like peep rear sights if that was of any consideration. The OP thanked me, asked to allow him to do more research himself and let he'd me know the next day whether he'd actually purchase the rifle or not at 8:50 PM CST.

The next day, Sunday, passed with absolutely zero communication via any medium from the OP. I was less than pleased the OP didn't honor his self-defined window to let me know if he would purchase the rifle so I dismissed this as the OP had been just tire kicking, to borrow a phrase from the automotive world, wasting my time Sat evening taking the rifle out of the box and providing all the additional photos regardleess what the OP had communicated when I made that crystal clear up front.

On Monday, my phone shows I'd received a text from the OP at 10:31 AM CST leading off apologizing for not providing any communication on Sunday explaining his wife had quite a chore list for him on Sunday. This certainly seems odd he wasn't taking any such chore list onto account on Sat evening with respect to his elf-defined time window to let me know whether he wouldnpurchase my rifle or not.

The OP 's message continued on, informing me he'd perfotmed his research and though my rifle piques his interest, it isn't wahat he wants ideally. Well that was a given from the get-go from the information posted to this thread on Sat before transmission of any further interest well beforebreaues5als made by the OP to me for more information and photos of my rifle. I really didn't care for the tone that I was lucky he would even considering purchasing my rifle. He provided an offer to purchase at a significantly lower price than I provided, at the OP's request to know how much I would ask for it 2 days prior, well before additional time and effort invested to provide all additional information and photos requested by the OP was performed.

The OP's message continued informing me the OP had contacted the importer, and his offer was equal to the price the importer would sell a same model and caliber rifle to him directly. I thought this was both strange and a bit underhanded as the OP made no mention he wanted to contact the importer or any other entity on Sat, and of course no mention of anything at all during the curtain of silence I received on Sun.

I found this really odd since Zastava USA, published as the exclusive importer of Zastava rifles starting early 2019, said on their web site interested potential customers needed to contact their local authorized gun shop to inquire about purchasing and that was the protocol when I was in contact with Zastava USA in fall 2019 as an interested potential customer, specifically for factory new full stock Zastava rifles (which I learned there was no plans nor schedule when full stock Zastava rifles might be imported into the USA by Zastava USA. But, knowing people make all sorts of claims during price negotiations for items between individuals, not like items offered for sale at a set price by a business, I didn't put too much stock in that, and I didn't contact Zastava USA to see if they would offer tobsell me the same model and caliber directly, and if so what price Zastava Arms would charge me directly to corroborate the OP's allegation Mon, or yet, but I plan to check that out tomorrow (Wed) as my schedule tomorrow is pretty light. It would be good info to have if that purchase avenue is available if /when Zastava Arms imports something I'm interested in purchasing factory new.

I thought things over and sent the OP a reply text message at 2:11 CST accepting his offer, and I detailed forms of payment I was willing to accept (Bank Cashiers Check, USPS Money Order, Personal Check) with caveat shipping the rifle would be delayed if paid by personal check until the personal check cleared the OP's bank. IMO & IME prudent and pretty reasonable requirements.

Silence from the OP.

At 5:14 PM CST I sent the OP a text message suggesting since I don't don't do this for a living, the check or money order for the agreed price be sent to get things started. In the time between the OP sending oayment I'd nail down what the shipping costs are to have the rifle delivered to whatever receiving FFL dealer the OP had selected. I'd then ship the rifle and show the OP what the shipping costs camenout to, and he could send a seperate payment in the mail to me once had that info, not requiring I be reimbursed for what the shipping costs were as a prerequisite to shipping the rifle.

Still, nothing but silence from the OP.

I sent a simple Hello? text messafe to the OP at 9:22 PM CST.

Continued silence from the OP.

So about an hour later I log into the AH forum here to see if I had any PM's from the OP. Nope, no new PM's. I looked at this thread, no newnposts by the OP. However the forum software showed the last activity by the OP on this forum was around 4:30 PM CST yesterday. That made the odds of the OP having some family emergency pre-empting his focus to reply to my messages canishingly small. It was clear the OP never honestly had any interest in actually purchasing my rifle at any time. Looking at my rifle's details as some sort of research for him to get a quote from someone else, "the importer" (the OP never actually stated Zastava USA so no there's no telling who, if anyone, the OP solicited a quote to sell the OP a same model same caliber from).

Posted FYI for review by any current or future AH forum members the OP might ever express interest in purchasing anything from. My experience showed me the OP is a narcissistic flake.

And to vent. Done.

Reactions: WAB
Boomstick, where did you see the clearance at Cabela's? I can't seem to find a listing.

Boomstick, where did you see the clearance at Cabela's? I can't seem to find a listing.
I was just in a Cabelas Monday and they wanted $1200. Said they just marked it down $100. Hardly a clearance.....

Cabela’s in Albuquerque had a grey clearance tag on it. 1100 is what I saw. Could have been mismarked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg