Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Sweden
Anyone have any good recommendations for a trustworthy Outfitter that specializes in Kamchatka bear hunting? Planning a Spring 2022-2023 hunt. Anyone been there pre lock down? Thanks in advance.

I would use The Hunting Consortium for this hunt. It is a complicated hunt in many ways and you don’t want to just ring up some outfitter in Russia and book it. The logistics of getting there and back are quite an ordeal and you need help organizing that.
If you want more options you can look at Profihunt and Links Wild Safaris to book this hunt. Additionally before I’d go hunt in Russia I would go to SCI or DSC and talk to the outfitter directly. Bob with The Hunting Consortium will sit down with you and go over every detail.
I have not been but would like to go someday soon. I have taken time to learn quite a bit about this hunt and it is a real adventure!
Regards,
Philip

Steve Dean of Worldwide Hunting has done these hunts. I don't know if he still does. Phil or Jacques Spammer would know.

Was to have been there right now. Rescheduled for next year at the same time. We are hunting with Profihunt. I definitely am bringing my rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that an oxymoron? :Jawdrop::Angelic:
Oh my God that is so funny! :E Lol:Do you come up with these yourself or have a staff that generates the ideas? I mean seriously, the originality simply breathtaking. Are they the same ones who came up with .50 cal with an 18 inch barrel? :A Whacky:

Steve Dean of Worldwide Hunting has done these hunts. I don't know if he still does. Phil or Jacques Spammer would know.

@TokkieM, I'm not sure if Steve still books in Kamchatka or not, but I will find out. Jacques @JKO Hunting Safaris works with a booking agent who is located in France. He books hunts in various locations including Russia. @lwaters booked his successful Musk Ox hunt through this same agent for a hunt in Greenland.

If you would like more information about what we can do for you, please PM your email address to me, and I will have them email to you the information on that hunt.

I second recommending The Hunting Consortium. Hunted with them in 2006 in Kamchatka. Got a 9’3” bear. Chose the company based on their 100% harvest. It was nice having interpreter in camp and dedicated cook. Bob Kern runs a tight ship and you get what you pay for.

Wow, I was looking at the pricing of some of these outfitters and the cost is a fifth of an Alaskan brown bear hunt.

Wow, I was looking at the pricing of some of these outfitters and the cost is a fifth of an Alaskan brown bear hunt.

Really? Can you cite some specifics? An Alaskan Brown Bear hunt is $25-30k, so you're saying for $5-6k you can hunt Kamchatka. I wasn't aware of that.

Interesting. The hunt and trophy is indeed $6k, however you have to add the helicopter flight and I bet that's not cheap.

Well, I think they usually have two people in camp so that cost is shared. Regardless, I think if you add all the costs of both hunts including the Alaska tag and license fees I think it is still much, much less expensive than an Alaska hunt. Not to mention much more comfortable if that is important.

Was to have been there right now. Rescheduled for next year at the same time. We are hunting with Profihunt. I definitely am bringing my rifle.
Did things open up for you this year? Thinking about a Russian hunt and looking to see what has worked for people

Did things open up for you this year? Thinking about a Russian hunt and looking to see what has worked for people

Russia did not open. I will likely be offering this hunt on the site in the next few weeks. It is with Profi-Hunt and they have been producing huge bears. By next year, these boars will not have been hunted for two years and this hunt will be the opening week of the season. Unfortunately, my personal dance card is full next late April and early May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg