Looking For A 500 Nitro Or Bigger & Big Bore No1s

Papabear55

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
As the title says, im looking for a 500 nitro or bigger, and any assorted big bore no1s. Preferably with reloading equipment

Any interest in Ruger No 1 in 45/70? If so, post me back.
Best regards,
trapperP

As the title says, im looking for a 500 nitro or bigger, and any assorted big bore no1s. Preferably with reloading equipment
If you REALLY want to go "big" in a Ruger No 1, check out Gary Reeder's website , reedercustomguns.com. He has developed 583 and 61o caliber "wildcats" for the No 1, based on the 577 Snider case. They push 550 grain hard cast gas check projectiles out at a bit under 2000 fps. Mr Reeder would be the most prolific wildcat cartridge/rifle/handgun builder today.
I just wish I could get just one of his pieces .... or more ....:love::love::love:

I have a Ruger #1 in 458 Lott if interested send me a PM.

I don't know if you are still looking but have 416 rigby with 1300 bullets, 110 new brass and 40 loaded and 10 looked like once fired, but I believe not out of this gun I believe its unified. If interested in all am willing to negotiate a price for all.

have i hollis 800x3inch 570 gr dont believe its been fired

IMG_7717.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
have i hollis 800x3inch 570 gr dont believe its been fired

View attachment 259962

To the contrary, @c bradley that gun has been circulating for awhile and I saw it a few years ago offered by an estate for sale. The gun was heavily used and then reworked extensively in the modern era. The modern/contemporary rose and yellow gold inlay work happened much later in the gun's life. It may not have even been a 500x3" NE when originally made. If you look closely at the gun you can see the voids and scuffs in the metal that are evidence of its long service life before it was fully polished, engraved, and blued in a modern style.

It is a very pretty gun so I in no way want to diminish that fact, its just not a "new, or never used" gun in original condition, it's a remanufactured, re-engraved modern work of art.

I've got a .500 nitro cased with ammo. Its an English (London) sidelock with stunning wood, only made 5 years ago. PM me if your interested

My local Gun shop has a Craig Boddington series Ruger No.1 in .450 NE with dies and brass. $2,500 + Shipping to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg